Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Code Signing and App Review process improvements

Thanks for your patience. With our improved process, there is just one final step.

Our new review process now requires that BlackBerry® PlayBook™ apps must be signed and resubmitted into BlackBerry® App World™. This does not change your position in the review queue, nor does it change the status of your approval. Each app, however, must be signed before it can be run on a physical BlackBerry PlayBook.

Review this blog post http://bit.ly/eLZpBD for more information on code-signing and how to obtain your free signature keys.  If you encounter any problems, refer to the support resources at http://bit.ly/gN7tsZ .

When submitting your signed app into App World, use the following approach to ensure a speedy review:
·         When submitting the signed app, log into the Vendor Portal.
·         Click Manage Products.
·         Click the + button to add your new Release.
·         Click Add Bundle to create a new Bundle for your signed Release.
·         Enter <bundlename>_signed in the Name field.
·         Configure your Minimum OS to 6.0 and Device Support to only PlayBook.
·         Add your BAR file to the bundle.
·         Click Next and then Save.
·         When ready to submit, click Submit Releases for Review.  Or, at a later time, you can click Send for Review on the Manage Products page.

Please submit your signed app as soon as possible to ensure that it will be available on BlackBerry App World when the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet is launched.

Thanks again for your patience!
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Re: Code Signing and App Review process improvements

[ Edited ]

Hi MSOhm,

Before submitting a signed version to a previously approved unsigned app, wouldn't it be better to wait for v1.0 of the SDK to be released? And compile the final product against the latest SDK.

Any ideas when/if 1.0 SDK will be out before March 15 (theoretical launch date of the device)?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

BB does not pre-announce release dates or features.  This has been asked many times before.  They have been on a monthly release cycle, so if I had to guess, the "next" release will be the first week of March (yes, just before the 15th).  But that should give everyone enough time to re-compile, re-test, re-sign, and re-upload.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry said it would take 2 days for me to receive my CSJ file by email.

I sent the request last week (the day I get the instructions from BB), not sure if I will be able to succesfully sign it (never done it before) by the 15th... might take more than a day for me. So hopefully they won't send it to me on the last day :s

Developer

[ Edited ]

Have you uploaded the app to app world?

Check your SPAM folder.  I got my keys in < 8 hours.

Signing is needed to allow people to download your app.  For the Free PB offer, it does not have to be signed, just has to be in app world by March 15th.  You have a little wiggle room.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

underLabs wrote:

Blackberry said it would take 2 days for me to receive my CSJ file by email.

I sent the request last week (the day I get the instructions from BB), not sure if I will be able to succesfully sign it (never done it before) by the 15th... might take more than a day for me. So hopefully they won't send it to me on the last day :s

Orders are typically processed within 1 business day.  As mentioned, please check your spam folder.  The code signing key email messages are often flagged as spam.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You were both right... This is the first time gmail sends an important email to the Spam folder. If anyone passed through the same, then it's surely in the Spam folder.

Thansk guys.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer

Hello!

I added my signed app, but my previous unsigned app isnt approved yet. So I cant remove it. Does the App Tester see, that he has to use the bundlename_signed and not the previous bundle?

Highlighted
Developer

Previous versions cannot be removed.  You will probably see a rush of emails of the older versions "approved" before the latest version.  I think they have to do that to allow a later version to be accessible.  I am "certain" that they will only test the latest version if they have not gotten to it yet.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

How are chances, that 0.9.4 (or 0.9.5) will bring a dramatically improved signing procedure?

Having spent some hours with the command line tools, I'm convinced that my apps won't get signed before a _usable_ tool (e.g. bug-fixed Flash Builder or some neat GUI tool) is available.

- - -
My approved apps @ App World