Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Code Signing and App Review process improvements

Double verify that when you are executing the command that it is not going to an earlier SDK.  If you have older QNX SDK installed (<093), rename their top level folder (e.g. prefix with a '#' character).  Try the command at the command line.

kdf
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I just submitted my app and for the bundle name I entered "myapp_signed". However for some reason it got truncated to "myapp_sig- ned" and now I have no idea how to edit itSmiley Sad

Has anybody else had this issue and is it important to name it EXACTLY according to the required convention ??

Developer
My Device: Tegra 2 Android tablet and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

@jtegen, that helped, thank you. found and killed 0.9.1

http://riahut.com
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

@kdf: just wanted to let u know that I'm seeing the same behavior. my bundle name was changed from MyName_signed to MyName_s- igned

However, I'd suppose it's not a hard requirement, just a "guideline" - see following quote from another thread:

"just one more note though. recently an email was sent out. make sure your bundle name in the form online says something like "MyApp_signed" without the quotes. This will expedite your signing since you already went through it."

So I'm about to release it anyway. If sbdy could confirm that, would be more confident though...

---

Playbook app: Fuel Dashboard

Contributor
My Device: 9500, PlayBook (arriving soon)
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am trying to sign my Burrito app from the Windows 7 command line and am going round in circles.

Which directory is blackberry-signer located in (e.g. c:\program files\research in motion\ or c:\users\MYUSERNAME\local settings\application data\ )?

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Mike,

that would be the bin-folder of your tablet-sdk installation folder (= one of the subdirectories where u installed Burrito to).

E.g.:

D:\Programs\SoftwareEngineering\FBBurrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin

This folder also contains the blackberry-airpackager or blackberry-keytool, that u will require later, too.

---

Playbook app: Fuel Dashboard

Contributor
My Device: 9500, PlayBook (arriving soon)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks, I found it (now I have the headache of upgrading to a newer SDK because I am using 0.9.1 which only signs CSI files).

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

biggerCC wrote:

How are chances, that 0.9.4 (or 0.9.5) will bring a dramatically improved signing procedure?

Having spent some hours with the command line tools, I'm convinced that my apps won't get signed before a _usable_ tool (e.g. bug-fixed Flash Builder or some neat GUI tool) is available.

Pretty good I think.  Smiley Wink

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Tegra 2 Android tablet and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

si-gned

[ Edited ]

Same story with si- gned here. Interesting is this some kind of bug?

Posted one new app and another signed release. Funny thing is when you go and edit it again in edit field it looks ok, when you hit Save it turns into si- gned, annoying.

Edit: Requested support on that one to bring their attantion to the issue

http://riahut.com
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I was wondering if someone could answer a simple question or if admin could explain.

I have a couple of apps "Pending Review" (which were not signed), I have now signed these apps using the method outlined in the past days by RIM.

However I cannot delete or update the App that is "Pending Review"....... what is the procedure to do this, please.

Cheers