Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Code signing version 2 of your app?

So, I codesigned and uplaoded my app yesterday, now Ive relaised a mistake and want to upload a new version.

I re did all of the steps, created a new bar file, and when i tried to code sign it I got the error:

Error = Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed.

But I dont get it becuase this is a new file.

Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Re: Code signing version 2 of your app?

Did you increase the version (even if by going from 1.0.0 to 1.0.0.1)?

Super Contributor

Yep, in the xml it is now version 1.0.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ---

Does your new .bar file have the same name as the old one?

If so, perhaps this is the problem.

Try naming your new .bar file with a new name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Check that the version made it into the MANIFEST.MF file in your .bar file, which you can unpack as a .zip file (by adding the .zip extension if you need).  

I see two versions there, Package-Version and Application-Version, and don't know which is recorded on the server, but I would assume both should be the same anyway.

If they still say 1.0.0.0 then your application.xml change isn't making it through.

If they are different, try changing it once more (to 1.0.2) in your app.xml and see whether that works.  Maybe you already signed a v1.0.1 earlier when you were trying to sort out all your signing problems.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I've renamed the bar file (e.g. SignedMyApp.bar) for the vendor portal upload and it did not cause any problems.  We'll see if it causes any problems during testing.

Super Contributor

Nope, the version number is making it through and I also tried changing it to v 1.0.3 and this came up:

Error = The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.  The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

Im sure it was the right CSK password though. I started the entire process agin creating a new CSK file but it has now completly screwed up so am requesting a new one from BB.

Still dont know how to sign a new version though.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I too get this error when signing my app 'Error = The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.  The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'.  Has anyone got this error and been able to fix it?  (I am 100% sure my password is correct, it is all lowercase (and i set all the passwords to be the same))

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Jeff,

Check out the kb article here to help you on "previously signed" error

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Code-signing-request-failed-because-th...