Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Constant User Error Reports since 10.2

[ Edited ]

My email has been blowing up with bug reports since the 10.2 update rolled out.

The app is "PicShop" and "PicShop Lite". Anytime someone tries to add text to a Photo, the entire App shuts down.

Customer Support emails from the last 2 days:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"BlackBerry os 10.2.1.1725 or the update on pic shop - unable to test). It now crashes when I try to use the text function. Please fix! Hard to live without you. Smiley Happy "

"I've found, since updating my os to 10.2.1, that the keyboard no longer works in PicShop. Every time I try to use it, the app closes. I have the full paid version of PicShop."

"Picshop crashes when adding text on BB10.2.1.537"

"The app keeps force closing when I try to enter text."

----------------------------------------------------------------

I know you guys are not upgrading the AIR Runtime any time soon. But this really needs to be looked at.

I think the BB10 team does not realize how many of their user's favorite Apps are based in Adobe AIR. You're really pulling the rug out on your userbase by not providing timely support for AIR issues.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Constant User Error Reports since 10.2

+1.

Having a final update that breaks things horribly is I hope not a sinister conspiracy to force rewrites of legacy apps that were working just fine.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

I'm having the same problem with apps I have developed. Since upgrading to 10.2.1.537 the app I'm currently developing and all my apps selling on BlackBerry World will crash whenever you attempt to enter text. Everything i've published on BlackBerry World starts by creating a save game for the player where text has to be entered. Everything I've done is now broken because of 10.2.1.537.

I am a Flash AIR developer, but from your comments and my issues it sounds like this is a universal problem with the OS and not something specific to AIR.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

I am also an AIR developer and have the same problem since upgrading to 10.2.1, anyone have a solution?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Developer

I hope to nail this down today. Something is clearly broken in the runtime, I just haven't had a chance to diagnose it properly.
Developer

This runtime just seems screwed all around... I have a bitmap with an CLICK handler, the event is not firing 9/10 times, and when it does, my mouse position is all messed up:

this.mouseX: 107374182.35  
this.mouseY: 107374093.35

wth?

Developer

[ Edited ]

After building with the latest AIR SDK, I can no longer reproduce the "text lockup" issue. It's looking like it may be an incompatability with older versions of AIR, and 10.2.

The mouse events are another bug, and I've started a new thread for that over here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Adobe-AIR-Development/Incorrect-mouseX-mouseY-on-OS-10-2/td-p...

Developer

Ok, I have a simple reproduction step for my issue.

It seems to happen only when your drag your finger on a TextField.

REPRODUCTION STEPS:

1. Create a TextField and add it to stage:

var text:TextField = new TextField();
text.text = "FOOOO";
text.type = TextFieldType.INPUT;
addChild(text);

Quickly Tap Textfield

2.1. Observe as Keyboard opens normally.

3. Drag and release your finger on TextField (rub the textfield a bit and release)
  3.1 Observe: Total app lockup, app is force-closed about 20 seconds later.

Is anyone else seeing this? I can't really use QNX TextField, as I have many font styles, all contained within an FLA which I import using a SWC.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faSEk6PTm7I&feature=youtu.be

You can see, everything works fine, until I drag my finger on the text field, then the app totally freezes up.

This is a major issue for my App, as I allow user's to position textFields with their finger, meaning they are constantly dragging TextFields around stage Smiley Sad