Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Creating Certificate and Signing Code

Hello everyone,

I am still a little confused about how the Certificate and Sign Code works.

First I used Flash Builder Burrito to create my certificate, and than I choose my cjs file. After that I received an email from RIM saying that my registration was completed. After that, I realized that the certificated that I created has a different name than the one I used to request my sign code. When I created a new certificated with the right name, I was able to associate the sign core to my new certificate, and keep geting this error

error

When I tried to sign my application through command line, I got it successfuly: "Bar signed"

Does anyone know why I am getting this error, and if the command line really worked. can I use different certificate with one sign code?

Thanks a lot

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Creating Certificate and Signing Code

hey arthur,

when u say u fixed the name by creating a new cert, did you mean you requested new keys from RIM? or used the older one?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor

I used the old one, but created new Developer Certificate with the same company name as my Sign code.

Should I request new sign code?

Thanks

Developer

hey arthur,

the rule of thumb is if you mess up the registration in some way, it is best to request a new set of signing keys. you cannot re-registered an already registered key. also i saw that that you are using Flash Builder to do the registering. Although i've seen that work, i recommend you do the actual packaging and signing via command line. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

New Contributor

Thank you, just requested another signing code, but is there any way to insure that my application is signed, because doing it through command line it seems to be signer successfuly.

Thank you

Developer

Hey aurthur,

I'm currently not on my laptop so can't pull up the search results. But there are a few posts around here that show how to check for successful signatures. The first way is if it signed properly is to check for the error value in the output for both the RDK and author parts of the signing phase (last 2) the other way is to extract the bar files and verify there are a few extra files in there, just do a search on the forums for author rdk manifest sf and see what comes up. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--