Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Creating a debug token issues

Hi guys,

I'm having issues creating debug tokens and I was hoping someone could help! I'm trying to create the token from the command line. When I used the following line to register the CSJ it reports "barsigner error: already registered with RDK".

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -register -cskpass <your csk password>
    -csjpin <your CSJ PIN> <path to your CSJ registration file>

I haven't registered it before, but I thought that I'd try to create the debug token using the following line, but this reports that "debugtokenrequest error: not yet registered to request debug tokens"

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -cskpass <csk password> -keystore <.p12 file> 
    -storepass <keystore password> -deviceId 0x<PIN tablet 1> 
    -deviceId 0x<PIN tablet 2> -deviceId 0x<PIN tablet n> <debug_token_file_name.bar>

So I'm stuck! I can't do either. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Mark

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Not Avaliable

Re: Creating a debug token issues

[ Edited ]

Are you using the CSJ file from the second email? If you registered to get the original CSJ file for signing with RIM, you should have received a secondary email from blackberry under the heading "Blackberry Tablet OS Debug Token" with a new CSJ file. The prefix of this file is "client-PBDT".
in summery, don't use the original CSJ file used to sign your app with rim.

I have a full guide on setting this up here:

http://www.mellisdesigns.com/blog/?p=37

regards

Mitch

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Creating a debug token issues

Thanks for the quick reply Mitch. I was using the original csj file for the first part & the new csj for the second part (which I believe is what the instructions said). Your blog post looks great! I'll have a go later today and let you know how I got on.

Cheers,
Mark