Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Debug Token Unable to register

Hi All,

I'm having big problems getting a debug toekn on my device through command line. I see this has been mentioned before but I can't find a clear answer.

I registered by csj file for debug like this:

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -register -cskpass <your csk password>
-csjpin <your CSJ PIN> <path to your CSJ registration file>

which worked fine but then i accidently closed my command line window. When I tried to do the same again I was given the following error:

Unable to register client '2427358932' because th
ere are no more registration attempts.  If you have already registered with this
 server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

So I thought  my csj must still be registered and continued to attempt creating my debug toekn with this:

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -cskpass <csk password> -keystore <.p12 file> 
    -storepass <keystore password> -deviceId 0x<PIN tablet 1> 
    -deviceId 0x<PIN tablet 2> -deviceId 0x<PIN tablet n> <debug_token_file_name.bar>

BUT this gave me an error:

debugtoeknrequest error: not yet registered to request debug tokens

Can anyone help me with this, it seems things only work the first time you run through the steps in the docs. Will I need to request another pair of .csj files? I really don't know where to start so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: Debug Token Unable to register

When you called blackberry-debugtokenrequest, are you sure you used the debug csj file and not the normal csj? The normal one should have RDK in the file name.

Playbook App: Car Crash

Contributor

Hi,

Yeah I'm using the one with PBDT in the filename, not the normal one. It is as though when you register for the token you have to create the token.bar at the same time or your .csj becomes invalid but I can't think or a reason why this would be the case.

Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a command to unregister my PBDB.csj file? 

I started again, deleting my csk file and registering my original RDK.csj file. I then created a new p.12 certificate successfully.

I then attempted to register my PBDB.csj file again but with the same error as before. Looks like another two day wait for another set of keys unless there is a simple solution. Is the idea that once the PBDB.csj file is registered that you can use it to create multiple debugtoken.bar's ?

Like me, many developers do not use FlashBuilder as their AS3 coding environment and it appears the documentation and support files from RIM are heavily biased towards the Flash Builder IDE.