07-15-2012 09:23 AM
Before I try putting a debug token onto my new dev alpha device, I'd like to have a clearer understanding of a few general points:
1) are BB10 debug tokens any different from Tablet OS debug tokens?
2) can I use the same token for WebWorks apps and AIR apps?
3) does my own debug token enable me to install unsigned apps from other develolpers? or if not, can I push two debug tokens to my device? or would I have to switch tokens to load both my personal and work apps?
Thanks for any clarification!
My app : Get set - Get up! Get ready for the snooze revolution.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-16-2012 03:12 AM
1) no. a debug token tells the playbook to allow running unsigned apps of the owner of the debug token. so if your unsigned app for bb10 and your unsigned apps for tablet os contain the same author/authorid in their corresponding blackberry-tablet.xml files, there is no difference
2) yes you can, if you use the same author/authorid in both
3) no. also, you cannot have two debug tokens of different developers at once, because you overwrite the old one.what you can do is this: comment out your author id of your personal app and add the author id of your work app. that way you can debug both your personal and work apps with the same debug token. BUT you have to sign your personal app (in the best case) with your own computer, where you installed your own keys. DON'T install your keys on your work computer unless you know how to without overwriting your work keys