10-28-2012 12:05 PM
Is there a list of known issues somewhere?
On OS 10.0.9.386, I've found the following:
- Capabilities.screenDPI = 406 instead of 356
- Device - screenWidth/screenHeight = NaN
- Locale changes not propagated when changed in Settings
- Label.htmlText - break (br) tag (among others) not supported
- TextInput - soft keyboard not presented when control gets focus
- MediaPlayer - not supported
- File.browseForOpenMultiple - not supported
- Container - scrolling (noted in another thread)
A lot like the days before my Playbook arrived... certainly not ready for AppWorld submission.
10-29-2012 02:47 PM
Thanks for providing the list! I'll make sure the appropriate people see the issues you're running into.
11-20-2012 04:04 PM
Firstly, it would be helpful if you could at least confirm that the issues I've noted are indeed limitations of the Dev Alpha simulator and not something that I should be trying to correct in my app.
Secondly, it would be great if you could let us know what problems will be addressed in the next simulator drop.
For example: Will qnx dialogs be fixed:
- resize to accommodate user specified font size,
- allow setting of selectedIndices in ListDialog,
- sofKeyboard not raised when textInput gets focus,
- app hangs when Return key pressed (even though defaultButtonIndex specified).
Providing standard dialogs for common tasks is great but if they don't work, developers will neet to reinvent them and the standard LnF will be lost.
11-29-2012 11:42 AM
Seems that the new SDK now supports browseForOpenMultiple - well done.
does not open the "shared" directory as expected. Instead we see what looks like a root directory, with no path to shared.
works as expected, returning "shared" and all the standard directories.
11-29-2012 12:21 PM
running simulator: 10.0.9.1101
or at least I was until I finished the SDK install by adding software in FB. Now packaging fails:
Error occurred while packaging the application:
Error: Application file descriptor (.xml) is expected, but got "resource.properties" instead
my "resource.properties" are all in a locale directory under src,
which I include with an "Advanced" build directive: -e ../locale locale
I have no idea what changed...
11-29-2012 01:10 PM
11-29-2012 01:39 PM
yes, tried a clean rebuild...
the locale directory is never included in the package contents (not listed, so cannot be selected) which is why I used the Advanced directive.
What is the standard method of getting a directory included in the Package Contents? I tried adding it as an additional source but nothing short of copying the directory into bin-debug works...
11-29-2012 02:20 PM
well that sorta helps - at least its not just me...
but it was working with the Advanced directive until I added the stuff from:
now the simulator controller seems to not be working...