Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Developer Sandbox

Hey folks,

I was wondering if the PlayBook's App World has access to the sandbox?  I read that to get to it on the phones you have to hold ALT and type T S T but I couldn't find anything for the PlayBook.

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: StarKiller

Re: Developer Sandbox

Hello

I have the same problem with the Playbook, trying to test the payment service, I need to download the APP from the Appworld with a sandbox account (the app isn't release).

I had swiped the screen to show the keyboard and typed TST (holding ALT type tst and other combinations) and then return but nothing happens.

Is there another method to access sandbox Appworld in playbook? or i'm missing a step or something like that.

Regards

New Developer
My Carrier: -

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

On the PlayBook, to test the payment of my apps on AppWorld, I first register my BBID in the "sandbox" section on the BB AppWorld Vendor Portal https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/sandbox/home.do

Once I registered myself as a sandbox user, I'm able to download my own apps from AppWorld, all the payment process is the same as with a normal purchase, but I'm not charged, this allows to test payment services.

Hope this answers your question.

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

What about when it's just a Draft? No Alt-TST equivalent to enter the SKU ?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

As far as I know, we don't have that capability yet.

I have a suspicion this may be part of what they're working on for a release immediately (one month?) following 2.0, but that's almost purely speculation.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Carrier: StarKiller

[ Edited ]

hello after some testing  it is posible to test a sandbox app ->enter the app world ->hold the background and move it ->open the keyboard ->type tst then press return (enter) and minimize the appworld, open the browser and put the direction from the documentation and your id.

Download

Highlighted
New Developer
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

After some research I also found this solution.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Testing_your_application_1315911_11.jsp

But it didn't work with the beta 2.0.

Does anybody know if the sandbox testing also works for a update of a already released version? With this solution I only can download the already released and not the draft version.