Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Airtel

Development Mode

Q1) Whats the special feature with the Developer Mode On?

Q2) Why does it say it will expire in 10 days?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Development Mode

[ Edited ]

(1) Developer Mode On to allow you debug remotely. So you can use Flash Builder IDE, or command line tool to "communicat" with device to debug.

(2) It say that, but I am use it much more than 10 days, never expire. I think it may be just a security feature to force you change password disable debug mode, but at least, on simulator for now, it never expire.

a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I believe the 10-day thing is intended to automatically disable developer mode if it's left on for 10 days, rather than requiring a password change.

I'd be surprised if many people had left their simulators running continuously for 10 days, though if anyone has and needed to re-enable dev mode they haven't reported it here.  I've certainly never needed to, but I think I've always had to restart the sim (or just wanted to) well before 10 days.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Once we get the actual PB device and it is connected to your computer via a USB cable, you will probably still want development mode for transfering and debugging apps.  I agree that it is a security feature that will probably disable after 10 days so you're not walking around with device wide open.

My Device: Torch JM1
My Carrier: Optus

Just wondering how i turn development mode on my JM1 mobile phone?

My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

What is a JM1 phone? There are Z10, Q10, Q5, Dev Alpha B, Dev Alpha C phones that run BB10.