Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: playbook developer
My Carrier: playbook developer

Disabling the bezel functions

Hi,

I am planning to develop an app for a gallery/museum installation. And simply I do not want the tablet to change the screen like opening keyboard, showing clock when swiped down, showing menu when swiped up. Is it possible to disable the bezel (and probably QNX system) events?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Disabling the bezel functions

You can ignore QNX events that are received by the app, but there is no way to turn off device level events. See if you can get a cover that obscures the bezel so the person cannot swip on the bezel.
Developer
My Device: playbook developer
My Carrier: playbook developer

= ) that was my backup plan. Do you know what are the exact QNX events or which packages shall I look into?
I think these are a set: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/qnx/events/QNXApplicationEvent.html

Thanks.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Your app can react to a swipe-down or a minimize/deactivate event, but there is currently no way of preventing the user to go back to the home screen, e.g. kiosk mode or full-screen-game mode.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands