Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone-in

Do we have any support for alarm manager in BB10

hai am currently working with a reminder app. Is there any alarm manager support in BB10 ? If not then how should I handle the different alarms set for different time for different dates..?? Should I use timer? but won't that slow down the device perfomance.

My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Do we have any support for alarm manager in BB10

In AIR, you can use a setTimeout to set a heartbeat for some interval and when the current time is past some alarm time, then you can do your action. However, the app has to be running. There is currently no way to launch an app at some time. That feature is planned for some future version of the OS (possibly later this year).
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone-in

Hai John thanks for replying. but in air there is a listener
IowWindowState.HIDDEN:
cant we use this to get alarm working. Say I dont need to launch app but can i make the timer/ alarm work ..?? Am asking this beacuserecently in a reminder app I saw the alarm works at given time the app doesn't get launched. it means there is a way right..??
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I have not heard of it yet. Might be available to BB apps to an API that is not public yet. Another way would be to have a server on your end to send a push message to your app at the time of the alarm (just prior).