Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Empty assets folder in bar file?

So Ive signed my app and changed the bar extension to zip to have a look through the contents, one thing, the assets folder (under air folder) is empty (its where I store my images and fonts) should it be empty in the bar file?

The app seams to install okay on the playbook...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Empty assets folder in bar file?

"Seems to install okay", but you didn't say if it runs okay.

If your app needs those files and they are not anywhere in the bar file, the app surely can't work.  It can't magically reach out to your desktop machine and grab them or anything...

More likely either they're simply in another directory of the .bar file, and your app is actually looking for them there even though you didn't realize it, or your app simply doesn't need them to be there as separate files.

Did you by any chance use the Embed metadata tag on them?  Or is this app all done with MXML stuff and maybe that pulls them in for you?  (I'm not familiar with the MXML "stuff" so I have no idea if that's how it works.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!