Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed ?!

I get this for a NEW project that has NEVER been signed before. So increasing the version number obviously doesn't do the trick.

What is determining the uniqueness of an application/version and where do I tell the signing process what values to use? I thougth the myproject-app.xml file is used for that. But if that is the case then the message shouldn't come up.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed ?!

You may have tried to sign something in the past with the same application name. Try changing the application name or incrementing the version.

Regards,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Regular Contributor

Re: Error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed ?!

Well, the project is a renamed copy of an existing Playbook project. I have adjusted the project for the new OS10 Alpha dev device. The point is, that the project has been renamed in all aspects...

The original Playbook -app.xml file (nMobility-app.xml)

<id>net.flexdomino.nmobilitytablet</id>
<versionNumber>2.6.4</versionNumber>
<filename>nMobility</filename>
<description>n-Mobility - Lightweight Lotus Notes Client for tablet devices</description>
<name>n-Mobility 2.6</name>
<copyright>http://www.flexdomino.net</copyright>
<initialWindow>
<content>nMobility.swf</content>

The renamed OS10 copy of this project (nMobilityOS10AlphaFree-app.xml)

<id>net.flexdomino.nmobilityOS10free</id>
<versionNumber>2.6.4</versionNumber>
<filename>nMobilityOS10AlphaFree</filename>
<description>n-Mobility - Lightweight Lotus Notes Client for tablet devices</description>
<name>n-Mobility 2.6 OS10.FREE</name>
<copyright>http://www.flexdomino.net</copyright>
<initialWindow>
<content>nMobilityOS10AlphaFree.swf</content>

Unless I'm overlooking something, both projects have clearely different names, ids and filenames.

As I said before, this renamed project is new and I definitely never ever signed a project with the above provided details.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Ok, I just found out there is a bug right now where it can ignore app name and ID and focus just on the app version. Try using a version that you have never used before in any app.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

When will that bug be resolved?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Gee.

Will simply increment by one and then add 2 to every point release (same applies to the Playbook project). Like this the Playbook app has always even point releases and the OS10 one odd point releases.

Not nice but doable ;-)