Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Error: Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync

Thanks very much Peter for this update.  The thing is, that's the first thing I tried: I set the two times to be less than 1 second apart, and that didn't fix it.  The other approach, which is to install the simulator with your system clock set to UTC, and then setting your system clock back to your usual time zone, results in clocks that are perfectly synchronized, and yet I still get this issue.

ie. No matter how close I make the clocks, it still fails.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Error: Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync

same here. back at the time when I tried to get the new simulator up and running, my clocks were also within 1 second difference. but still failed epically

(in the meantime I have given up on this as I mentioned earlier - I can only hope that my app being submitted soon is still accepted (or tested within reasonable time - I read of some of u that apps built with the new simulator might have been tested faster?)

---

Playbook app: Fuel Dashboard

Developer

same here. back at the time when I tried to get the new simulator up and running, my clocks were also within 1 second difference. but still failed epically

(in the meantime I have given up on this as I mentioned earlier - I can only hope that my app being submitted soon is still accepted (or tested within reasonable time - I read of some of u that apps built with the new simulator might have been tested faster?)

---

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

People having this issue please update to 0.9.3 Simulator

Developer

When was 0.9.3 released?  To download what I figured would be the latest release I searched on Google for "playbook simulator download" and clicked on the third link which took me to:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E950767CF861CA5&dl=...

After downloading the simulator and installing, I was dismayed to find that it was 0.9.2 again.

I have since gone to: http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe.jsp

... and followed the link, which sent me to download 0.9.3.

So no fault to RIM, perhaps, but it might be good to put a notice on the 0.9.2 download page to direct people to the 0.9.3 download page, or something to that effect, because it is pretty misleading to have the obvious Google search send you to the wrong download page without any warning.

Developer

I'm getting the same behavior on 0.9.3: The clock is 5 hours behind my Windows clock, and I get the same error:

Error: Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync

This is the command I'm using:

blackberry-airpackager -package App.bar -installApp -launchApp App-app.xml App.swf -device 192.168.172.134 -password XXXXXXXX

If I change the time on the simulator to be less than 1 second different than my PC, the same behavior persists.

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

I don't think you have updated tools. Tools has to be 0.9.3 as well.

Developer

and with "tools" u mean what specifically? (I suppose the simulator + adobe air sdk v0.9.3?)

(if the issue still persists, it would be _very_ disappointing. I won't be able to give it a try before next wk...)

---

Developer

That did it.  Finally, finally it is working. Updating the simulator and tools to version 0.9.3 has solved the error.

Thanks,
Daniel

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the latest version of the simulator and Im still having the same issue Error: Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync

This is very discouraging first first first time app creators