Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Error: Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync

As mentioned above, you also need to download version 0.9.3 of the Playbook SDK for Adobe AIR. The URL is:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E950767CF861CA5&dl=...

(for Windows)

Otherwise, if you only update your simulator, the problem persists.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook Simulator

Re: Error: Username or password is invalid or not specified or time on the device is out of sync

I am getting the same error, and I have the 0.9.3 simulator and SDK installed. What are "tools" though? I can't find any reference to those in this page:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe.jsp

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

I was getting this error earlier, and found the simulator would not let me change the time. My password was correct and I am using all the updated stuff. A simple restart fixed it though.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I hope everyone keeps in mind saying you just need to have the updated version doesn't mean that will resolve the issue period. Since other people like myself has the updated version made available on the 8th of this month there has to be some kind of side tool needed. I remeber when Adobe Flash Builder 4 wouldn'y debug til there was a tool available to correct it, maybe in this case the same thing is needed.

Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

By updated "tools", what is meant is the link to:

3) Download the BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK for Adobe® AIR®

SDKs updated on Feb. 8, 2011 (v0.9.3)

And then, since this gets installed in a directory with a different name, make sure the command line stuff you're using is updated to refer to the new directory, or if you're using Flash Builder, perhaps there is a setting to control which directory it's using with the SDK. ie. Make sure it's not pointed at the old one.

I can confirm that this problem goes away when using the 0.9.3 simulator and 0.9.3 SDK.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook Simulator

I made progress since I had the error, and I think it is to do with getting the FB project to use the later copy of the SDK. I couldn't find out how to do that for existing projects, so I just started a new project, with the 0.9.3 SDK from the start, and that built and ran ok.

Contributor

Sdk issue.png

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

If anyone is still having this problem and is using flash builder 4, go to Project > Properties > Flex Compiler and make sure that the Flex SDK version is the Blackberry Tablet 0.9.3.  If it is not, and it is not in the drop-down list of SDKs, click on "Configure Flex SDKs", click add, and browse for version 0.9.3 of the SDK.  

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

FWIW, I sometimes get this when testing with the simulator VM and FB Burrito. It happens suddenly after working find for a while.  I think something in the debugging module crashes internally. The best test is to click the 'gear' icon, and if nothing is displayed then your VM session is hosed!  Just do a VM->Power->Reset menu and reboot the sim and it starts working again.

Bill

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Contributor

In Adobe Flash Builder Burrito I don't get the option to select the blackberry tablet under target field. I was able to before but now I can't and I even tried reinstalling it with no successful change....... why is that ? what am i doing wrong?