Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Errors in Flash Builder 4.6 after SDK install

I installed the SDK on Friday and since then have been getting errors about the device list whenever I click on debug or run configurations -> (select any of my mobile applications) -> Launch Method -> On Desktop -> Configure.  I get 4 Null Pointer Exceptions in a window behind the actual list of devices.

I understand that to test the BB10 apps you use the "on device" menu, but I also build for non-BB stores and this new error is rather annoying (and shows up whether I'm working on BB/Android/Apple apps).  It only began after whatever the install file did to my Flash Builder, so if anyone knows what I can change or someone from BlackBerry can let me know how to un-arse whatever the install decided would be best for my setup, it would be greatly appreciated.

Developer

Re: Errors in Flash Builder 4.6 after SDK install

And part of the stack trace from the error log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2013-01-13 15:05:55.812
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.adobe.flashbuilder.project.multiplatform.ui.devices.DeviceTable$DevicePreferenceLabelProvider.getColumnText(DeviceTable.java:76)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TableColumnViewerLabelProvider.update(TableColumnViewerLabelProvider.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerColumn.refresh(ViewerColumn.java:152)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTableViewer.doUpdateItem(AbstractTableViewer.java:399)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.CheckboxTableViewer.doUpdateItem(CheckboxTableViewer.java:168)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$UpdateItemSafeRunnable.run(StructuredViewer.java:485)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Orange PL

Developer

And what, exactly, does your link have to do with my question?

New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Orange PL

My link includes:

- First app(code)

- Run Configuration - Device(it's probably your problem?)

Sorry for my englishSmiley Wink

Highlighted
Developer

OK, didn't look at the Youtube video, but no, that's not the issue.  This happens with projects that aren't using the BlackBerry SDK.  Whatever BB installer did, it hosed up my desktop configuration also, which is causing errors for non-BB builds (Apple and Android).  It occurs in the run or debug configurations section.  And also, incidentally, when I try to export a release build