Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Example playbook app won't compile

I very closely followed the instructions on the Getting Started Guide for windows and tried to make the example application.  EVerything seemed to install fine and the simulator does run.

However, when I compile the example program I get this error 305:

error 305: Intial window content SWF version 11 exceeds namespace version.

I saw previous replies to this error that mentioned that -swf-version 10 was forgotten in compiler directives under the actionscript compiler.  I did not forget this.  I also tried changing the AirHelloWorld-app.xml file line

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5"> to 2.6.

This also did not work.  Other suggestions were to change the air-config.xml file and flex-config.xml file lines

involving the SWF to version 10.  I did this and it also did not work.  These files are in the frameworks directory.

I am excited to program that playbook, but frustrated that I cannot get my Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 that I purchased to work.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: Example playbook app won't compile

At the moment, the Playbook only supports Flash Player 10.2 and Air 2.5. The default on flash builder 4.5 is Flash Player 10.3 and Air 2.6, so you need to change the AirHelloWorld-app.xml to 2.5 not 2.6, and add -swf-version=10 to the compiler.

Playbook App: Car Crash

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Example playbook app won't compile

After changing compiler swf version clean the project (or remove swf file).