Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Exclude Username Input in LoginDialog

Using a PasswordChangeDialog() to set a password, and using the LoginDialog to login once password is set. I do not however require usernames.

Does anyone know how to exclude the username input box on the loginDialog so that I can use it to ask for just a password?

Is this possible, or do I have to write my own loginDialog class to emulate it if I want to do this?

TIA

dave

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Exclude Username Input in LoginDialog

If you're just wanting one text field, you could use the prompt dialog class, but the password would be in clear text. The community library has a full replication of the QNX dialog system so you can extend to create any kind of dialog display you would like.
Developer

I'm using the community library now, and it works fine when I debug the application on the desktop playbook simulator. The promptdialog box show fine, and I can capture the value and button click fine.

When I debug the same application in the vmware playbook simulator I just get a white screen.

Is there something I'm missing?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

When you say "desktop playbook simulator", do you mean AIR?
Developer

Under debug configurations I have two options:

On Desktop:   and     On Device:

'desktop playbook simulator' means the On desktop option with playbook simulator selected as device to simulate.... so I believe this is running on AIR.