Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FB Burrito and Blackberry SDK Beta2 Install Issue

I had the same issues earlier and followed some tips posted by the previous users. I had to reinstall Burrito a few times but got it working in the end.

Not sure if this affects anything but I changed the selected language for Burrito during the install to English (North America) where I had been previously selected International and upon running Burrito as Administrator on the first run it was able to pick up the Playbook SDK without any issues. I think if you don't run Burrito as an Administrator the first time round it won't be able to find the SDK properly even after manually adding it in.

Hope this helps someone who's still having the installation issues.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hi Everyone,

I experienced the same issues with Windows 7. Joey_D - thanks for a clear set of instructions.

Here is what worked for me:

a. Uninstall Flash Builder Burrito completely, including the Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X and Adobe Community Help.
b. Reboot.
c. Install Flash Builder Burrito (run as administrator) – accept the agreement choosing English (International) and also choose English (International) as the installation language.
d. Following the completion of Burrito installation, install the BlackBerry Tablet SDK - BlackBerryTabletSDK-Air-Installer-0.9.1-Win.exe (run as administrator); choose yes to integrate with Flash Builder and specify the installation path for your Burrito installation.
e. When you now start Flash Builder Burrito for the first time, immediately go into Window -> Preferences -> Flash Builder -> Installed Flex SDKs -> Add and specify the path for the BlackBerry Tablet SDK.
f. Keep Flex Hero as the checked SDK.

Now, when you build a New ActionScript Mobile Project, you should see BlackBerry Tablet as an available target platform.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

Thanks, @netsport. I have no clue what finally made the difference to my prior tries (it might be my language selection...), but it works now. Great!

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: DiGi twitter@TylorPin

For those who still having this problem, blackberry has resolved it. Just download the new version of Blackberry Tablet SDK (November 1 build)

Click "like" if my reply helps and click "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem!

twitter @Twopinstudio
my vendor page https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/7126/?lang=en
Contributor

Just downloaded the latest SDK two hours ago. Installed, "BlackBerry" doesn't show up as a target device. Deleted the SDK, reinstalled it as admin, then launched Flash Builder (4.5) as admin... still nothing. Added the SDK manually... still nothing. I guess the next step is to reinstall Flash Builder.

Whatever the problem is, it hasn't been fixed yet.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey ash,

see if the information in this thread can help you:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Hickups-Upgrading-to-the-Beta3SDK...

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

I had to reinstall the 0.9.1 SDK to get BlackBerry as a target platform back, then I followed the instructions to point the target platform to the new SDK. Looks like things are finally working... except now, when I try to run the app on the simulator, it hangs on "Installing application on device..." It's permanently stuck at 58%. Neat.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey,

That usually happens when my simulator isn't on / connected. What I recommend is check and double check all the ip address info on ur host machine, simulator, and finally flash builder to make sure it all matches up. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

Everything was correct. Oddly, I finally got it to work by rebooting the simulator, then setting a new password in the simulator and Flash Builder.

Highlighted
Contributor

After spending a day looking for solution . Finally , its worked for me ! .

here the things i did :

1. unistall flash builder

2. run flash builder set up by right click on it ---> run as administrator

3. choose english international for both

4.install sdk  exactly the same as the instruction

5. restart !

6.Right click on flash bulider burritor ---> run as administrator

7.Enjoy the show ^ ^