Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

FB Burrito and Blackberry SDK Beta2 Install Issue

Hi,

I've been trying since yesterday to get Flash Builder Burrito to work with the new Blackberry Playbook SDK (Beta2), but to no avail. The Installer completes successfully but when I go in to develop a new Mobile Application, I can only see Google Android as a Target Platform option. I have been able to add the Blackberry SDK installed. I just can't see the Target Platform, or create Run Configurations for Playbook projects. I am using Windows 7 if that's significant.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: FB Burrito and Blackberry SDK Beta2 Install Issue

I've heard of cases of people needing to run burrito as administrator on its first run. Try running the app in admin mode and see what happens. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Regular Contributor

I am also seeing reports of certain builds of Flash Builder Burrito not working, but I am still trying to confirm the issue. Did you get your build from labs.adobe.com recently (past week)? I assume the build number shows 4.5.0.287807

blog: http://renaun.com
twitter: @renaun
New Developer

Yes, it is build number 4.5.0.287807. I am going to try reinstalling and running as administrator. Will report on that shortly.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Where are you pointing your Adobe Air SDK during the BB SDK Installation. When using FlashBuilder 4, you must point to the folder you've downloaded the AIR SDK 2.5.

However, for Burrito, you should point to the Burrito installation folder SDKs, under version 4.5.

After trying and get stuck, I re-read all instruction from http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21877/Installing_the_SDK_1347128_11.jsp.

It has different steps for FB 4.0 and 4.5, and they are updated for this latest release.

Maybe that is the reason.

Regards!

(*) Kudo-me if you really think I helped you!
My plug: I'm doing a Mobile Experiment, reported on my Blog: Check it out!.
---------------------------
Paulo Garcia
http://www.mobilecreators.com - Twitter: http://twitter.com/mobilecreators
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

To test out the Run As Adminstrator theory you don't have to reinstall the software. But if you did its fine just open up burrito as administrator after uve installed the BB SDK. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Most recently I tried uninstalling all other Flash Builder builds (I had an older version of 4 installed prior to this) prior to installing Burrito. Also, I followed your recommendation to 'Run as Administrator' after installing the Blackberry SDK. Some combination of the two seems to have worked, and now I can build Hero apps for the Playbook! Smiley Happy Thanks for the help everyone.

Contributor

I can confirm this behaviour. I had the PB SDK successfully installed and working with FB 4, but I wanted to use Hero components.

I downloaded Burrito and the PB SDK Beta 2 and installed both. I then attempted to create a new PB project but the SDK never showed up in my new project. I then took @renaun's suggestion and used the version of Burrito from the MAX CD. That also didn't work.

I'm not uninstalling all of it and starting over. I'll let you know if it works.

Contributor

I uninstalled Flash Builder 4, FB 4.5, the Playbook SDK, and still no love from within Burrito (from the MAX CD).

Am I missing something?

Regular Contributor

Here was my steps on Mac OS.

Double click the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.1 installer.

On "Choose Install Folder" step I changed the Adobe Flash Builder 4 default location to /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito

Clicked next

It found the 4.5.0 sdk in the /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks location

Clicked next

Installed and clicked done

Then i end up with a BlackBerry tablet OS sdk located:

/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1

Thats is just the SDK and it should show up in Flex Compiler SDK's options

The next part is the plugin and that should show up in the New -> Flex Mobile Project -> Mobile Settings (tab) under target platforms as BlackBerry Tablet OS check box next to Google Android.

Compare to see if you followed the same steps.

blog: http://renaun.com
twitter: @renaun