Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

FLV Slow - F4V gets streshed

Hi

Im finding that FLV on the playbook run very slow.  I have tried a few diffrent video setting and everytime the playback is slow.

For F4V videos, the playback is fine, but the video seems to get resized to the playbook screen size (1020*600). 

Whats going on here?   Any help would be welcome.  This is my code:

stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

var video:Video = new Video(1020, 700);
addChild(video);

var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
nc.connect(null);

var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);

video.attachNetStream(ns);
ns.play(File.applicationDirectory.resolvePath("video.f4v").url);

I know the video is a little laargers than the screen size, but im just running tests with current video i have.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: FLV Slow - F4V gets streshed

Does it still resize of the size is less than the PB screen? Say 510, 350? If it is OK in the smaller size, then my guess it is a feature to resize if the request is > stage.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I need to run some more test.  It might be the videos are messed up, but they run fine on my computer in an AIR app.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev Alpha B, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Sprint; wifi only for testing

Send me a link to where you have your flv and f4v files; I'll analyze them for you. I currently have an app in App World called Film App, and all my feature length film content is being delivered in flash with no complaints about bandwidth.

===============

Film App: Watch feature length Public Domain and Indie Films in your Blackberry Tablet, share, and post comments - with no ads: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/42793