Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Flash Builder - PlayBook Simulator

FYI: EncryptedLocalStore not supported.

Just wasted some time trying to figure out why it wasn't working, turns out that EncryptedLocalStore is simply not supported! Or not yet?

I hope this helps!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FYI: EncryptedLocalStore not supported.

Is this true?  I cant find much infomation confirming this.  My app uses the EncryptedLocalStore loads.  What would replace it?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Flash Builder - PlayBook Simulator

Yes, use SharedObject instead!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yeah, thats true. I gues as the playbook is reasonably closed, there isnt such a need to encrypt the data.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

There are some notes on an alternative to this in Adobe's doc titled Using encryption with SQL database.  (In spite of that name, it does discuss a bit of the non-SQL stuff in the section "Uses for an encrypted database".)

I think the upshot of it is that EncryptedLocalStore doesn't have much value on a device like the PlayBook, with the application "sandbox" already protecting all data stored in "File.applicationStorageDirectory" (including SharedObject) from both the user and other apps.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!