Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Few questions...

Hi all,

I've just started developing for Blackberry.

I had a few questions:

1. Is there any sort of touch methods that you need to use to add inputs to the device or will mouse event listeners do fine?

2. To receive a free playbook, am I right in thinking all i have to do is make a decent application for the device?

Thanks for your help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Re: Few questions...

Hi Jeff and welcom to the forums.

You can use mouse event for basic things but there are some special touch/gesture events that you can use as well. (I recommend you to read through the BlackBerry Getting started pages and search the forums for further information)

To receive your free playbook all you have to do is develop an application that is accepted to AppWorld. (Needs to be submitted by March 15 at the moment) 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer

1. You should be able to use mouse events without issue, however you can use flash.events.TouchEvent if you like as well.

2. That is how it appears.  Just adhere to the Terms and Services and you could get a free Playbook...  oh and of course write at least one application that gets submitted within the allotted timeframe and approved during RIM's approval cycle.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

To supplement kwillidittyr's joint answer :-) ,  please make sure to use the board's Search feature heavily when you're just starting out.  Generally any initial questions you will have (such as about what kinds of apps might be accepted/rejected) will have been asked before, often repeatedly. 

And if you invest an hour skimming old topics and answers, you'll save yourself lots of time in future.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

peter9477 wrote:

kwillidittyr

Now that is funny...  there are some oddly similar aspects to each of our names.  Hmmmm Smiley Happy

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators