Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is requiredfor all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

Hello everyone. I'm trying to submit an update to App World but I'm getting: 

File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is requiredfor all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

I'm using the same blackberry-tablet.xml and -app.xml that I've always used for this app. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<qnx>
<initialwindow>
<systemchrome>default</systemchrome>
<transparent>false</transparent>
</initialwindow>

<publisher>...</publisher>
<splashscreen/>
<category>core.all</category>

<icon>
<image>blackberry-tablet-icon.png</image>
</icon>
<packageID>...</packageID>
<authorId>...</authorId>
<action>access_shared</action>
<permission>access_shared</permission>
</qnx>

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is requiredfor all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

While the blackberry-tablet.xml (or bar-descriptor.xml for new stuff) file is the original source of much of the info, it's not where the OS or the App World servers actually look.

You'll want to extract your .bar file (which is just a .zip file with a different name) and examine the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file to see what's really going on. The relevant fields are mostly easy to find... e.g. Package-Id, and Package-Name.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Re: File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

I checked the manifest and the Package-Id: and Package-Name: are the same as my previous versions that I released.

As a test I tried uploading an old version that has already been released and it is now being rejected too.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

Sounds like you need to file a help request through the vendor portal. Maybe something's mucked up on their end.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

I sent an email to them, one problem was that they approved a release that didn't get signed properly and this was causing 0008 errors after install. Anyway will post the resolution once I have one for anyone else that encounters this.

Developer

App World told me to make sure I was using the same keys I originally signed with but I've since had to install new keys. Any ideas what I can do now?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Once you apply new keys the signature of the application is different (signature = app id + keys). Unless you can recover your old keys the app will appear new to your customers. There is no workaround for this.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook

I think that's what might have just happened with mine. My development partner built it, said he got a 0008 error when he installed and realized that he had forgotten to sign it. He downloaded it from App World and got the install error; I downloaded it and didn't. Now when I try to upload a signed version (using my key) I get this error message. Has anybody figured out a fix yet?

Developer

Re: File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is requiredfor all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

Unfortunately there isn't one. I had to re-release my app as a new app.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to increment the version. You can just increment the "build" version in the BB xml file.