02-09-2011 07:29 PM
I'm all out of Google-fu, having also looked everywhere here and at Adobe, but wondered if someone here might have experienced the same issue:
When using Adobe Flash Builder Burrito, the window for the desktop version of even the most basic app never appears -- but works fine when I push it to the Playbook Simulator.
All that happens is the adl.exe process starts up. No new window ever appears. If I run it in a debug config, it's obvious that the app is indeed running somewhere, because I can get of trace() feedback.
I have installed and reinstalled Flash Builder, and have tried it on both XP and Win7 systems; both exhibit the same problem. It's something that has developed over time, as I used to be able to use the desktop mode just fine. I've tested my own app as well as the Playbook-in-90-minutes tutorial app; both work when I load them up on the Simulator (just not on the desktop).
I've tried updating Flash Player and even Shockwave Player, to no avail. This is using the v0.9.2 AIR APIs.
It's making development excrutiating -- I need a quick feedback loop since I am new to ActionScript. The Sim takes way too long.
Thanks! -- you guys have been a great resource already.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-09-2011 07:33 PM
welcome to the forums! i ran into a similar problem a while ago. what helped me was instead of doing a desktop AIR application, i went the mobile route. now you might be thinking thats not what you asked for but bear with me hah. when you choose the mobile application debug, dont choose teh device option. instead choose the option before that one. i beleive its called "on desktop". when you choose that the drop down box to it should be enabled and you can choose "BlackBerry PlayBoook". from there just hit debug. at that point the ADL should show up.
hope that works for you. i can totally understand your frustration. good luck!
02-09-2011 07:35 PM
02-09-2011 09:31 PM
Holy cow! You guys solved my problem twice over! I wouldn't have figured out either one of those solutions... ever.
Firstly, setting it up as a mobile app but targetting the desktop worked like a charm (and deployment took 1 second rather than 30+ seconds like loading onto the Playbook does...)
But then it turns out that <visible> was false, too, and running the old config after changing <visible> to true worked beautifully. Since I'm guessing that that was the main problem, I marked jtegen's answer as correct... even though both solutions worked.
The real question is, why would that value default to false, and I wonder how it got changed along the way!
Thanks so much! -- I'm having so many problems with AIR's SQLite that I was about to admit defeat, since testing stuff out took so very long. This'll help a ton.