Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Flash Support in PlayBook Simulator

Hi, just wondering if anyone is having issues getting flash to run under the simulator.

Specifically mic and video flash content does not display or crashes the simulator. Has anyone had any luck getting mic and video to work in the simulator?  We are also having problems getting the video and mic to work on a real playbook. Does the playbook have any limitations with regards to mic and video support for flash?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Flash Support in PlayBook Simulator

Hi there,

This sounds more like you have a developer related question. As such, I'm going to request that this thread be moved to the developer boards so that you can get greater visibility.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Flash Support in PlayBook Simulator

hey mkdropbox,

welcome to the forums! im not sure what you are asking -- are you saying it's not working via the browser? or are you creating an AIR / WebWorks app and it's not working as intended?

If it's an app you are creating, check to make sure you have included the proper permissions in the blackberry-tablet.xml file or config.xml if you are using webworks. otherwise the mic and sound most likely will not work. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman