Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 5320
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Flash To PlayBook

Hi guys, 

I'm I have a flash game I would like to port over to the PlayBook.  I was wondering where would be a good place to start?  Any tutorials I can follow or documentation I can use as a guide?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS

Re: Flash To PlayBook

I am pretty sure you are just able to compile a SWF file into a BAR file as long as you have the proper XML files as well. Just take a look at the Tablet OS SDK. Otherwise you can import your SWF file into Flash Builder (if you plan to use that IDE) and work from there.

From,
Noah NU
New Contributor

Ok, I'm downloading the Adobe Air SDK for PB  - will see what I can come up with..   

New Contributor

I'm curious though, say I were to create an app or game in Flash and assign the the up, down, left, right movement function to an object in the game, say a sphere.  When I port the game/app over to a bar file and run it on the PlayBook will the touch screen recognize the up, down, left, right function when I move my finger over the object on the touch-screen? 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Tough to say as touch controls aren't working 100% (if all) in the simulator right now. I would assume so though....

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS

@jffurlan Why would you assume so? I would assume it would not pickup on the arrow key movements. Isn't Touch more or less equivalent to using a Mouse? I would expect that all applications would require the mouse events to be handled.

From,
Noah NU
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi,

Unless you are going for a free PlayBook, you could leave it as a Flash game and run it using the web browser.  Only minimal conversion required.

Harry

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
New Contributor

noahnu what I'd meant to say was assign the "Mouse's" up, down,left, and right function. If mouse movements are automatically translated to touch, as in, moving a finger on the screen will trigger the assigned move then that is good news.
New Contributor

Hey Harry a free device is definitely part of the plan but also to learn to develop for the PB. What is the deliverable requirement for a free playbook?
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

"Deliverable requirements": Read the Terms and Conditions, then search the forum first with any questions, as they've basically all been answered numerous times.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!