Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FlashPlayer 10.3 released. For Android too.

[ Edited ]

@all

I just bought the latest Flash Builder upgrade from Adobe. They didn't even get the default orientation of the device right and it's hard to believe a conscientious partner couldn't be bothered to allow targeting the AIR 2.5 runtime.

And why not incorporate design support for QNX components if the relationship is so good?

Adobe aren't stupid. For the short term at least they'll sell a lot more software and licenses supporting Android than they will RIM. Therefore Android will undoubtedly be given more focus.

That doesn't mean Adobe aren't serious about Playbook. Just that we're not at the head of the table.

As I said, delays could just be a precursor to a wireless device release. 

No doubt when they get around to it Adobe will provide Hero etc support for Playbook and all will be well. But they don't appear to have made the slightest effort to adapt the latest Flash Builder for Playbook other than that already  made in Burrito. In the meantime we have to resort to command line options etc. Not the end of the world, but not the actions of a willing partner either.