Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

@Mark, I've contacted BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@TMGIdeas.com as suggested 5 times over the past 15 days, and haven't recieved any response.

Any idea how to actually get someone to reply?

Contributor
My Device: Play book
My Carrier: ALL

good to know that they are shipping it on April 22. So i can get it before I go to my home country on vacation on May 2st

Thanks Mark

Joe
New Developer

Interestingly enough after I posted in this forum, about 30-40 minutes later i got an email from the folks at TMG...

The only thing I found weird was their wording:

Your email address has been updated and the PlayBooks should be shipping within the next couple of weeks.

WTF!?! Weeks!?!? Surely they don't mean that!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@killerspaz, I wouldn't assume they know or allowed to say anything much anyway, but in this case I expect that's simply a form email that they've had ready and might have used over the last while... maybe they just don't customize them for each person they reply to.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer

Heh, well, that was only 1 line out of many... And I cut a few things out... I can assure you this was an email written by a person and not copy/pasted from a script... But the part that's bolded is all word for word...

I assume you're right in that they don't really know much.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Yes, was hard to tell from the one-liner that it wasn't a form letter.

Another possibility is that they simply know how RIM works, and don't want to raise any false hopes in case the plan changes yet again...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer

haha... that's a good way to put it Smiley Wink

either way, 15 days and I finally get a response.. almost a record for me... now to get my icon working for the apps, re-signed, and submitted again asap
Developer
My Device: Imaginary Playbook
My Carrier: NA

killerspaz, what's interesting is that after requesting to change your postal address, they've sent you and e-mail stating, that your e-mail address had been updated.

-----------------------------------------------------
My App: Bouncy Ball Clock (with my own physics engine)
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37792
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

I send email to Tmgideas to clarify few things. My question:

Could you provide me tracking number for my order number #XXXXXXX. (sent long time ago before info about shipping)

Reply:

The BlackBerry PlayBooks will begin to ship in the next week.  At the time your order ships, you will receive an email with the tracking information.

My response:

Could tell me why RIM is saying that your are starting shipping tomorrow (22 April) whilst you are saying that next week. So where is the truth?

Tmgideas finally reply:

They are both correct; there will be devices beginning to ship tomorrow, but they will continue to ship throughout the next week or so.  We have had an overwhelming response to this offer and it will take some time to ship all of the devices.  The date of shipment will be determined by the order receipt date, with the older orders shipping first.  

Does that help to explain the information that you have received?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook♥
My Carrier: eplus

So not all of the free PlayBooks begin to ship tomorrow? :s
----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! Smiley Happy