Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

my order was placed 29. mar.11 and I got no mail too. so maybe this rule with 29. jan. isn't right?
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

No, they do it by date, so with march 29th you can wait another week or so ;-). I have march 8th and also have to wait another week.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

bba wrote:

No, they do it by date, so with march 29th you can wait another week or so ;-). I have march 8th and also have to wait another week.

I don't think so.

We can use this thread to say when our order has sent and when we have received our shipping email instead of guessing how much time we must wait to receive shipping email.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Hey guys, I just got the shipment & tracking info e-mail. I'm in the UK so I only saw it this morning as it was sent very late on Monday night GMT.

Order Placed:         22 Feb

Shipment:               25 April 7:06pm

Expected Arrival:   27 April by 6pm

The status shows that it is in transit and the most recent activity was departing FedEx location in Memphis, Tennessee. I'm pretty impressed with the speed at which this is supposedly being delivered!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out MyBestShot for the playbook in Blackberry Appworld.
Contributor

I ordered mine on 11 Feb - still no shipping mail.

Regular Contributor

lol i ordered on April12 or something...

does that mean i have to wait a month Smiley Very Happy

i'm working on 2 games that i wanna control by moving the playbook...

this might delay it

Regular Contributor
My Device: Galaxy Spica (Proud of it) & PlayBook!
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

@fancyoso Me too!

Smiley Very Happy

So, are you ready for your shipment, that probably will take place on May, or June?

Smiley Tongue

So nervous here, they are soo slow. (Or there´s a really big amount of orders)

Nice to meet you Smiley Happy
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Developer
My Device: Free Playbook!
My Carrier: n/a

I ordered mine on the 22nd of Feb as well, but no shipping email yet. I'm not disapointed, as it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume I'll get a notice either today or tomorrow. It does seems that order fullfillment is not a strict chronological line, but a rough one. Apparently there is some "interlacing" or overlapping going on.

I'm surely not the first to mention this, but this seems altogether way too slow to process ~2000 orders if they're only half way through. I would bet that the use of overnight shipping is a result of the delay, so that's definately nice.

mark-lacroix.com | Operators: the game with two sides
Please give me Kudos if I've earned it!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Galaxy Spica (Proud of it) & PlayBook!
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

[ Edited ]

@nobleRobot Not so nice.

From May 1 to May 16 my house is going to be empty, nobody inside... And I ordered April 12.

Smiley Tongue

How long does FedEx keep retrying?

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Smiley Wink

Nice to meet you Smiley Happy
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Developer
My Device: Free Playbook!
My Carrier: n/a

Once you get your shipping notice, you can immediately call FedEx and if you have the tracking number you can tell them to hold your package at a local distribution center for you to pick up later. I don't know how long they'll hold it, though, or what kind of ID you need when you go pick it up, but I don't think it will be much trouble.

Or maybe you could just put a note on your door to tell the FedEx guy to leave your package with your neighbor or something.

mark-lacroix.com | Operators: the game with two sides
Please give me Kudos if I've earned it!