Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Galaxy Spica (Proud of it) & PlayBook!
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Ship Date

[ Edited ]

@peter9477 I do think that people shoul actually keep telling us whether they receive their PBs or not.

This helps us figuring our how is TMGIdeas going.

Smiley Frustrated

Nice to meet you Smiley Happy
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Developer
My Device: Imaginary Playbook
My Carrier: NA

@pbappnewbie: They are definately sending a couple hundred devices per day, only a fraction of developers are on this forum and I bet there are people who haven't shared the news Smiley Wink

-----------------------------------------------------
My App: Bouncy Ball Clock (with my own physics engine)
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37792
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@Juliopp, you may be right about that, though I can't see it being much help for those of us in North America at this point. Has there been a single report of any problem related to TMG *after* a unit has shipped? From what I can see, North American shipments are consistently arriving overnight or, in a few rare cases, two days.

Reports that "typical" things are continuing to happen don't really help, especially with the high traffic here. Reports from those in other countries, or who encountered some exceptional situation, are certainly welcome.

I just want people to think before posting, and try to be considerate. There are hundreds more reading this thread than those who actually post, and every single off-topic post is just making it that much harder for those who still have a long time to wait.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint

oops. Sorry to everyone about earlier then. I thought I was safe to do edits without inundating people with update emails. Also, I have nothing of real value to contribute so I apologize for this post too. Smiley Happy

peter9477 wrote:
(Even edits to posts mean many of us get numerous emails, one with each edit, so please try to be careful in making your updates too.) 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

on behalf of a fellow developer at my office... [ not mine... I'm still waiting :-(  ]

March 10th - Ordered

April 28th (11:14am) - Shipping Email Received

April 29th (12:00pm noon) - Estimated Ship Date

(Shipping to Ontario, Canada)

And yes, he's very, very happy!

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: AT & T

@big_bz  --Thats true.. I too agree that only a fraction of devs. are posting their replies in this forum.

Just doing some math here.

If they have shipped 100 devices per day, by end of day today, they will complete shipping 900 devices!

(I thought most developers received their emails only be end of March/early April.)

There was some calculation on # of free devices (in this forum) to be sent out and that # came to around 1000-1500.

If everything ties out, TMG will need just 6 more days to finish shipping all devices..

However, if @Juliopp received an email saying that he will get shipment email only by end of next week, I seriously doubt if they are shipping 100 devices per day..

Developer
My Device: Imaginary Playbook
My Carrier: NA

[ Edited ]

@pbappnewbie: Sorry, but I'm afraid your math is wrong - you should count working days only, so if they are sending only 100 devices per day then they would have sent a mere 500 devices by the end of today (Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and quite frankly I think they've sent a lot more than that. Moreover I would expect the total number of devices to be around 3000.

-----------------------------------------------------
My App: Bouncy Ball Clock (with my own physics engine)
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37792
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: AT & T

@big_bz .. last week TMG sent out shipments from 19-23 (5 days). I saw some emails on 23rd saying that they received shipment emails. This week, they sent it out starting Monday. Today is 28th. So total 9 days.

I doubt they will have to send out 3000 devices. Most developers have more than 1 app in the appstore (I have 3 apps. Currently I have pulled all of them from sale as I started getting some bad reviews. I need to test them on an actual device and modify these apps).

At launch, about 3000 apps were available for PlayBook. Assuming that each developer created 2 apps, # of devices to be sent out will be only 1500. If some of them created just one app, the # of free devices would go up. However, there are chances that the number will go down if developers have more than 2 apps in the app store.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@pbappnewbie, could you please check your sources and reconsider the claim that TMG was shipping anything on the 19th? Most of us here are fairly certain that the very first shipments were made in the evening of Thursday April 21.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Got mine today,

Order Feb 22nd
Like all of my posts