Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: ABC

Free PlayBook Offer timeline

[ Edited ]

There are a lot of people looking for timelines on how long it took for people to get their applications approved. This information is available but its so fragmented in various threads, I figured we should put it in a centralized thread and keep it clean!

Here is the format I suggest: 

Submitted: Mar 23, 2011

App World Submission Receipt: Mar 25, 2011

Free playbook offer email: Mar 25, 2011

Waiting on Test house: Mar 25, 2011

App approved: Apr 04, 2011

Free PlayBook shipping email: Apr 07, 2011

This is for my Offline Viewer app. 

I have another FlashLight app also on the AppWorld. 

I hope this helps people who are waiting on the review or any other step in the process. 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Free PlayBook Offer timeline

It will take a long time before this thread could ever rival the amount of data you'll find in the "Anyone have their App approved?" thread, which has over 1600 posts.

More to the point, however, is that none of this information will help anyone much, given that for the entire duration of the offer and right up until now, conditions have constantly been changing.

For the first couple of months, they basically weren't even testing.

Then they were just starting, getting the early bugs out of their process.

Then they began ramping it up, adding more people and locations (at least, that's what we inferred).

In the middle they issued a couple of new versions of the SDKs and a few changes in the instructions.

They issued the signing process, and various tweaks and changes to that and the tools.

Finally, the deadline came, with the huge burst of last-minute arrivals.

Now they're clearing the backlog, but also working to release a 1.0 SDK and of course the final product.

So feel free to chime in with your dates -- I'm not discouraging that.  Just don't anyone make the mistake of assuming you can extrapolate much from the numbers you see.  This has not been possible at any time over the last four months, and I don't think it's possible even now. ( And I've been watching the data on this very closely, as have others.)

Maybe in a month... but then we'll have discarded all the data acquired to date and started fresh.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

It would be more useful if some one did a web app that people could enter:

• Submit date
  • Test date
  • Accepted date
  • App category
  • OS version

With some private key so info can be updated.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Honestly though, even if we extrapolate everyone's data we'll never be able to pinpoint exactly when submissions will get approved. RIM gives us an approximate and I wonder if it's worth stressing and analyzing past that.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

If we had raw data, then some running average trend could be extracted.  Currently, all the postings is just noise since it is not showing any average or trend.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Vaderx wrote:

You got a shipping email already?!

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

anthonyq wrote:
Vaderx wrote:

You got a shipping email already?!

I'm assuming he means the shipping details information, and not a your device has shipped email.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: ABC

No, just an email asking for shipping information.