Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Free PlayBook offer extended to March 31st

You can read the full announcement on the Developers Blog found here: 

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Free PlayBook offer extended to March 31st

thanks for the update Mark!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you Mark for listenting to us and improving the overall process to the new platform.

My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE
My Carrier: UfonePK

Great news Mark!

We will be submitting more apps before the Playbook launch. Thanks to RIM for listening to developer community.

// chall3ng3r //

- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post Smiley Happy
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
My Device: Not Specified

Ha. Very nice. The extra time will allow me to add some depth to my little game. I'll make sure it's one of the nicest ones you launch with.

Of course, I'm holding back on some of my better, more involved game ideas until we have access to the accelerometer and gestures....

My Device: Red Passport * Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Well, not helping me a slacker about getting my applications done, but glad I'll have some more time.

Visit DeanLogic on the BlackBerry App World
Join the DeanLogic BBM Channel COO4DD717 or Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

This is getting ridiculous. Why did I waste my time working on PlayBook application way back in December?The deadline has now been extended a full two months, and will pushed all the way back into 2012 at this rate.

Please just release the PlayBook already. The reason us developers have not created more applications for the PlayBook is not because we need more time, but because we don't have the hardware in hand to test on. Personally I am not going to spend another second developing for the PlayBook until I actually have my hands on one.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

So when the JAVA sdk is out is RIM going to extend the deadline again until 2012?

Just give us the PB already. I think RIM already got most of the interested PB developer the first time around. so why wait!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I guess this is good... BUT

what about those of us that already have apps approved & listed on the app store, AND havent received one word from RIM regarding the free playbook offer.  What's up with that!

Dont know about the rest of you, but I refuse to develop another PB app until I receive the unit.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Although the lack of a release date brings all these concerns, it doesn't make sense associate the new deadline for the free PB offer with the actual device release or even the date you're going to receive the device. In any moment I read something saying about a specific date about that.

I've submitted my app already, but I understand that the notary thing plus the application sign issue was really a problem to a lot of developers out there, so a new date is more than welcome. I don't mind if more people can get their free device as well, since it doesn't mean I won't.

(*) Kudo-me if you really think I helped you!
My plug: I'm doing a Mobile Experiment, reported on my Blog: Check it out!.
Paulo Garcia
http://www.mobilecreators.com - Twitter: http://twitter.com/mobilecreators