Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Free PlayBook offer extended to March 31st

No, apparently signing isn't necessary for qualifying, only download/purchasing of your application.

I was in the same boat, just that I couldn't get my keys to work.  And frankly, my app could use some cleaning up.  So, I'm hoping they like it enough to give me a PlayBook and then they'll get even more apps from me!!

As soon as I figure out the OAuth with the PlayBook.

My Device: /
My Carrier: /

don't worry, your app does not need to be signed for this. They will just approve your app and tell you it still needs to be signed.

However, my app WAS signed and I got a message today that my app was approved and that I need to upload a "_signed" version but my app was already signed...

I don't know where to upload that signed version without incrementing my version number to 1.1

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the swift replies to both of you! I was getting worried that my late nights trying to put something together after my day job overtime would be useless! At least I'll get a chance... my code definitely needs cleaning up, I'm hoping what I submitted is accepted so I can improve it.  

I ramble.  I'll put the signing on my todo list pending a hopeful acceptance. Thanks guys!

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Regular Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Don't worry about the cleanliness of your code -- as far as I can tell, the testing is basically "does it run and are there any obviously completely broken parts". They don't seem to even test if the thing does what it says. Maybe they just aren't posting here, but I've seen plenty of people get apps rejected for having the icon the wrong size and no one for "the program wasn't good enough".

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

That is more comforting...!

With regards to testing... one thing I wasn't able to test out on the simulator was the ScrollPane. It doesn't seem to be implemented correctly on the simulator or something, I'm not sure.  Are they aware of some of the shortcomings of the simulator? I've had to make... assumptions in certain cases.

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, they are aware. They have stated that your app will not be rejected due to simulator. They will also test your app on hardware loaded with the version of software you compiled with (however I'm sure they also test it with the most recent version of software).
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

jffurlan wrote:
They have stated that your app will not be rejected due to simulator. They will also test your app on hardware loaded with the version of software you compiled with (however I'm sure they also test it with the most recent version of software).

**bleep**.  i wish i knew that.  i submitted a more simulator-friendly version of my app than i wanted to – cacheAsBitmapMatrix and polling for the application profile using a try/catch block for NativeWindow.isSupported() really makes the simulator freak out, but i'm sure it would work just fine on the device.

oh well, i was planning on submitting an update hopefully before my app is approved.

[edit] i'm a bit shocked the forum automatically censored the word "d-a-m-n".  purist much?  wow.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

They've censored much less. That's what RIM wants so no point whining about it.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -