Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Free Playbook - First Step email - Wrong?

Just a heads-up for the Developer Program team, assuming they read this forum. The email you receive after you submit an app still says:

We will do our best to promptly review each application submission. However, we cannot guarantee a decision within a specific timeframe. Also, to make your app available for download, there is one additional step following approval. Each app must be 'signed' and resubmitted into BlackBerry App World; we'll let you know as soon as the code-signing system is ready to use.

However of course the code-signing system is ready to use, and apps can be signed BEFORE approval.

Rufus.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Free Playbook - First Step email - Wrong?

Those are canned emails.  I am certain it is on someone's list to change.  I really hope that anyone trying to develop for the PB minimally watches this forum 2-3 times a week to stay current.

Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks folks.

I'll take point on reviewing the communication sent out and have it updated accordingly.

keep the feedback coming!

Highlighted
Developer

Wow, what else can we put on your to-do list?

Are you able to find out the status of emails being sent for the free PB offer?  I have 5 apps approved, but no "what is your shipping address" email.  I hope that I qualified for the offer.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

jtegen wrote:

I really hope that anyone trying to develop for the PB minimally watches this forum 2-3 times a week to stay current.

I check the forums several times an hour...  I may not answer anything, but I am certainly trying to read peoples inquiries and stay abreast of any new details regarding the Playbook and community.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi John,

I am working to stay on top of activities in these forums.  It's great to see how active this forum is and the amount of help members of the community offer to each other.  The team responsible for approving applications and communicating out to those developers that have met the criteria for the free playbook offer are working through the queue as fast as possible.  we appreicate your patience.

Regarding the initial issue around the text about code signing, steps are under way to correct.  In the meantime for those that haven't done so, you can request your keys here:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

@samyotte - just a note to say thanks for listening and the quick response.

Rufus.

Developer

@samyotte:  Thank you for the response.  Problem with an active forum, it can turn into a full time job just to stay current with all the posts.  We appreciate you posting now and then.