Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Fullscreen HTML5 video in QNXStageWebView

When I select the fullscreen option for an HTML5 video in a QNXStageWebView it doesn't go fullscreen. Is this supposed to work?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Fullscreen HTML5 video in QNXStageWebView

Hi,

I just wrote a quick test and pointed a QNXStageWebView to a site with HTML5 video and tested on my Dev Alpha and PlayBook and it appears you're right, it's not working. I'll dig into why, and if it should and post my findings.

Regards,
Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Retired

Ok I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I'm going to file a bug report for it.

-Dustin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retired

[ Edited ]

I just recieved this from Max Feil a software developer here at RIM:

"In GR2.x.x fullscreen mode needs to be implemented by the AIR app. If you don't implement it, fullscreen mode will not work. The WebWorks SDK has a FullScreenView class available to assist WebWorks apps in this. Non WebWorks AIR app writers can use it for ideas. After the QNXStageWebView object is constructed, you would make an ActionScript call like:

fsView = new FullScreenView( this, fullscreenClientGet() );

Unfortunately in GR2.x.x WebKit always assumes that fullscreen mode is available (it does not check). So if no fullscreen widget is implemented by the AIR app, you will get into the situation you described where only a part of the preparation for fullscreen has been done and you cannot exit. This is fixed in BB10. In the meantime, AIR app writers need to at least have a skeleton of a fullscreen widget in place that at minimum allows the user to exit, or just exits fullscreen mode immediately."

Hope this helps.