Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Gas Calc App Devs, A Suggestion or Two!

I know there is at least one person on the boards here making an MPG app, I thought I'd offer some suggestions my brain came up with randomly.

1. One thing I always loved about Microsoft's Streets & Trips, I could put in my average MPG, then it would calculate my trip cost. Following this lead, it'd be cool if I could put in the miles I'm estimating for a trip, and have the app tell me (maybe do a prompt of the average MPG, but let me change that in case my latest averages are in city and this will be highway?) the one way/round trip costs.
  2. Building on #1, if the fuel costs are going to be split among passengers, maybe include a way to put in names of travelers and be able to put down how much they've each given towards the fuel.

Just some random thoughts!

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Gas Calc App Devs, A Suggestion or Two!

[ Edited ]

Interesting suggestions.  I might have to work some of those into a later update of my MPG application.

Thanks Smiley Happy

I might add to #2 having the ability to track how many miles are left until you ask one of your friends to step out of the car because they haven't paid Smiley Tongue

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Gas Calc App Devs, A Suggestion or Two!

Actually, I can add to this as well because there's one thing that bugged me on my road trip last summer:

If you have a graph that shows mpg, please don't layer all of one days data on top of itself. For example, i filled up 4 or 5 times in one day, but then look at my graph and just see a vertical line for that day. Even if it was just spread out slightly, or had the ability to zoom in would make a huge difference, and make the data at least visually valid.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -