Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Getting Internal Error When Attempting to Debug

Thanks.  I went back and did a manual update to my 4.0 distro to get it to 4.0.4, and all is working.

So, command line works, and Flash Builder works if you have 4.0.1

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

I can confirm that by upgrading to 4.0.1, this resolves all issues with launching to the simulator.

Download patch here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/840/cpsid_84087.html

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Edited in light of new posts while I was making this one.

Developer

Confirmed that switching to Flash Builder 4.0.1 fixes this error

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
New Developer
My Device: 9700 Bold

Sorry, can't see a link for the patch on that page....

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: TH AIS

Hi all after i deploy success and i did not see where i can play on simulator on VMPlayer

there are only just button

All Interner Media Games Utilities core.test and there is no more icon as i modify

Plase help

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

slasz: if you issue is not related to the subject please start another thread

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

bwblackett wrote:

Sorry, can't see a link for the patch on that page....

Sorry here's the right link:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flex/updaters/4_0_1/win/flashbuilder401-patch-win-277662.zip

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Developer

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out. For those looking for a summary, check out 

http://blog.ryantan.net/2010/11/running-your-app-in-the-blackberry-simulator/

cheers,
Ryan
New Developer
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

For me I have also resorted to command line, but will update Flash Builder to 4.0.1 which (from the thread here) is probably the solution. I did try update via the application, but it still reads v4.0.0

Anyway, for the command line, I am not sure why it is assumed that every one is familiar with setting the $PATH variable. I have googled for the answer here, so please correct if there is a better way. 

What I did is open terminal (Mac OS X 10.6) the default directory is the home folder. So edit the following line into a hidden file called .profile - in my account it did not already exist, but I created and edited it using vi

If not in home directory:

cd ~

vi .profile

add the line below - vi is ancient unix editor and the command to insert text is 'i' then type or paste the line -

export PATH=/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.0/bin:$PATH

now in vi you end the insert mode by pressing the escape key. Then press ':' (i.e.colon) to go into colon mode. Now the command is 'wq' which means write,quit

To explain the .profile syntax  see: 

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2621/os_x_change_path_environment_variable/

Apologies for using vi, you can use any text editor. I just use vi to edit file from in terminal and favoure that for hidden files. All files saved with a leading "." in the file name e.g.. ".profile"  here are hidden in the OS Finder

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else get started. In my opinion, the documentation should be updated to include setting the path as a first step, or otherwise will soon be struggling to run the commands as required.