11-29-2012 10:03 PM
I started venturing into AIR development just to try things out and I realised that there are somethings really important that is not mentioned at the getting started for AIR pages (or maybe I missed it cos it was not obvious enough for me).
So I have listed a quick start guide for what worked for me so that others can start on AIR Development
1) Get FDT from http://fdt.powerflasher.com/buy-download/
2) Get AIR 3.1 SDK from http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/3.1/
(Please note do not get anything higher than 3.1)
3) Get Flex SDK from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/flex-sdk-download
4) Download BB10 SDK for AIR https://developer.blackberry.com/air/download/
5) Extract FDT, AIR and Flex into their directories that you may choose, I chose to have C:\FDT , C:\AIR and C:\Flex
6) Run FDT pointing to the Flex during initial set up and close it.
7) Run the BB10 SDK exe pointing to FDT and the AIR 3.1 folder
8) After thats done, run FDT again to configure the device for testing by following the steps on https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation
9) The rest of the steps on the BB pages intro to AIR work and are pretty straight forward with pictures.
All in all its the AIR part that was a bit hazy. I am sure it was covered in some other post but once again I did not find it.