Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HOWTO: Compile and Debug without Flash Builder, using command line (works Win/Mac/Linux)

when trying to build an swf from my HelloWorld.as file i get the following error. Note that my HelloWorld.as has a package name com.myapp

What is going wrong? Also doing amxmlc HelloWorld.as going to pickup the other actionscript class files that i have? What about the images i use in my app?

here is the error

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kr>amxmlc "C:\Users\kr\Documents\Application Development\Blackberry Playbook\mr\myapp1\src\com\myapp\Main.as"

Loading configuration file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1\frameworks\air-config.xml

C:\Users\kr\Documents\Application Development\Blackberry Playbook\mr\myapp1\src\com\myapp\Main.as: Error: A file found in a source-path must have the same package structure '', as the definition's package, 'com.myapp'.

C:\Users\kr>

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: HOWTO: Compile and Debug without Flash Builder, using command line (works Win/Mac/Linux)

[ Edited ]

For anyone intested in using Maven, I have released a plugin with the beginnings of PlayBook support: http://twitter.com/#!/hardisonbrewing/status/24633061790453760

Note though that this is a work-in-progress and I may have forgotten a few things... like including resources besides the icon, possibly... whoops. Feel free to fork.

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

does anyone have tips on creating an swc with only image / resource files that can be used with amxmlc? im compiling mxml files through command line and want to avoid having an "-include-file" for every resource image/file. all of the samples ive found on goolge mentioned using a manifest.xml with compc, but they never showed how to use it with images, only Classes. i tried with the assumption they would be handled the same, but they werent and amxmlc didnt register any images when i included it using the namespaces option.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Finally got your steps working for me to get my app off the ground in Flash Pro. My app is landscape but the test movie created from Flash Pro is always portrait and locked at 320x460 (or so). It actually looks fine in the simulator. But I don't always want to run the command line to get into the simulator. The AIR settings don't seem to be having an effect. Am I missing some obvious settings?

I have the stage setting set for 600x1024 in the Flash GUI and this at the top of my code:

[SWF(height="600", width="1024", frameRate="30", backgroundColor="#FFFFFF")]
Thanks.

--------------------------------------
Dirty Kitchen Cooking Timer
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37403
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

I am absolutely stumped on using the command line. I thought I knew the cmd line but I guess not.

First off, what is the default path? Everything about my app is in the following  directory:

c:\users\ME\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview\HockeyDrillBook\

First off, do I navigate to this directory?  OR, do I navigate to the sdk directory? and if so, which sdk? 4.5.0 or Blackberry 0.93? I've tried both but always get the following error:

'blackberry-airpacker' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Add the blackberry 0.9.3 sdk bin directory to your windows path variable and run the sdk commands in your app directory.  Once you add the bin dir to your path you should be able to invoke the sdk commands from any new command shell that you have opened after saving the updated path variable (i.e. don't try to invoke sdk commands in command shells that were opened before you added the bin dir to your path).

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Ok, right over my head with that. I understand whay you're saying, I'm just not sure how I would do any of that. (add the sdk bin directory to you windows path variable - I don't know what any of that is lol a windows path variable is).

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Might be quicker to solve in the IRC channel - have you dropped in there yet?

If you haven't yet and/or haven't used IRC before, just point your browser at webchat.freenode.net, type in a nickname to use while you're on the server (try your nickname from this forum and if it is already in use then add some numbers or something to the end of it to make it unique), type in #playbook-dev for the channel, and type in the challenge text from the captcha.  See you there.