Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: HOWTO: Sign your Applications from CMD

OK, here's what I did, copy all your files into one folder, then open a commandline in that directory (SHIFT + Rightklick => Open Command Line here).

Then just run all those commands one after the other while replacing everything I listed below, that's at least what worked for me, and those are the instructions posted at the beginning of the Thread:

SET A="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin"

%A%\blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass -storepass mypass77

%A%\blackberry-signer -register -csjpin mypass77 -cskpass mypass77 client-RDK-##########.csj

%A%\blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore mycertificate.p12 -storepass mypass77 -dname "cn=My Name" -alias "My Name"

%A%\blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass mypass77 -keystore mycertificate.p12 -storepass mypass77 mybarfile.bar RDK

%A%\blackberry-signer -keystore mycertificate.p12 -storepass mypass77 mybarfile.bar "My Name"

You have to replace these values:

mypass77: You password of course
My Name: That's your Name but leave the quotes
mycertificate.p12: Name of your cert-file
client-RDK-##########.csj: The file you got via E-mail
mybarfile.bar: yourbarfile.bar

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey longway,

thanks for showing your steps. my only gripe is this line:

%A%\blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore mycertificate.p12 -storepass mypass77 -dname "cn=My Name" -alias "My Name"

According to the documentation you should use the literal term "author" (no quotes and just the word author). but maybe you can change it? dunno.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

It worked for me allright. I was aware of the documentation, but it threw an error for me saying the author alias was already in my keystore or something like that, so I just decided to change it to my name. The signing worked without error afterwards,...

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

ah alrite. as long as it worked out for you then im ok with it Smiley Happy

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

FINALLY!!! I had requested a new key and just signed my app. Smiley Very Happy

Hope i dont have to do this again.  painful.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Congrats!

Now will the successful signers reveal if their csk and store passwords are all lowercase.

Is that actually an issue? 

My mixed case password is NOT working durng the first signing phase!!!!

arghhhhh

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

my is all lowercase.  the first time i did the signing i set both passwords to the same.  not sure if that was my problem.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

My cskpass was mixed upper/lowercase with punctuation and numbers.

My store pass was a simple lowercase-only password.  (Since I considered my first attempt a test... I suppose I'll try changing that later.  I hadn't really thought through which ones need to be how secure just yet.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for the reply Peter 9477,

I set the sdk 0.9.3 bin as the PATH (also tried setting just the 0.9.3 sdk as the path), but it isn't working.  What could I be doing wrong?  There are also other variables like CLASSPATH and PATHEXT under system variables.  Do I need to change those to?  I am hesitant to change too many of the variables though because it seems I could mess up my computer by changing these. I have put all the relevant files into one folder in an attempt to make it easier.  Is there a better way to do this?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@sky858, Are you changing these environment variables at the command line, in an IDE, or somewhere else?  What platform?

Here's the simplest/safest approach.  Set a new environment variable (I use AIRSDK) at the command line, to point to the bin/ folder in question.  Then prefix all your commands with that environment variable.  That's what I've been doing for now, so I never actually even changed a PATH.

# for Windows (with Posix may need export or something):
set AIRSDK=c:\users\me\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin

# execute command:
%AIRSDK%\blackberry-signer -help

# equivalent on Posix (though you may need a different "set" syntax)
$AIRSDK/blackberry-signer -help

This should work fine if you have Java installed properly and available in your PATH.  Test that with "java -version" and it shouldn't spit out an error message.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!