12-10-2010 02:30 PM
I'm testing using an FLA that is on set to1024x600 and has a couple of circles on it.
I gave it a unique id and copyright and it installs in to the Sim.
Here is the contents of the app.xml: Let me know if this is insufficient.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?><application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5">
<description>Just a test</description>
<!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element.<description><text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text></description>-->
<!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element.<name><text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text></name>-->
<initialWindow> <content>app1.swf</content> <systemChrome>standard</systemChrome> <transparent>false</transparent> <visible>true</visible> <fullScreen>false</fullScreen> <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio> <renderMode>auto</renderMode> </initialWindow>
12-10-2010 02:32 PM
Worked fine from Flash Builder so am assuming it is my command line that has a problem:
blackberry-airpackager -package /apps/app1/app1.bar -installApp -launchApp /apps/app1/app1-app.xml /apps/app1/app1.swf -C /apps/app1 -device 192.168.80.128
12-10-2010 03:46 PM
Here is a link to a very simple app..:
Thanks for having a look. I just went through your demo in the second webcast again.
Except for a change in the command line, I think I got it all right.
Oh, I am not including a document class in this simple test, hopefully that is not an issue.
12-10-2010 03:48 PM
I should also note, that the half of the simulator problem is less than it was. Now only the right half of the menu bar is gone.
Earlier, when half the Sim was gone, it showed grey and white checkers like a transparency on the right side.
The missing right side of the top menu bar shows black where it should be. I cannot see the gear for example.
I will be rebooting a number of times as suggested earlier.
12-10-2010 03:58 PM
Not sure of the issue. The Flash Pro project worked for me. Here is the swf, app.xml and .bar file that I ended up with. http://renaun.com/air/app1.zip
I opened the project in CS5. Published the project. I used just the SWF file and created a basic app.xml file and then used the command line blackberry-airpackager script to create the .bar file.
12-10-2010 05:03 PM
I tried using the files you supplied but got the same result.
Can you put the exact command line you used in here.
Is it possible that the app is installing but not actually including the bar and swf file?
If I had the locations of those files wrong in the command line.
12-10-2010 06:10 PM
i've also experiences a resizing bug with the previously mentioned hack to test Flash Professional CS5 content on QNX simulator with SDK 0.9.1.
information on the hack can be found here:
it seems this issue may only affect VMWare Fusion on Mac OS X, although some people have no problems with the Flash Professional CS5 hack on Mac OS X, while others (including myself) do.
i've made progress by supplying my own application descriptor .xml file rather than using the file that Flash CS5 creates. here is the template:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?> <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5"> <id>APP_NAME_ID</id> <filename>APP_NAME</filename>
<versionNumber>1.0.0</versionNumber> <copyright>COPYRIGHT_STRING</copyright> <initialWindow> <content>APP_NAME.swf</content>
while this solves the scaling (half screen) bug, i still have not been able to employ any of the qnx.* packages as they are just not read by the simulator, even though it compiles and launches.
i'm anxiously awaiting for the official Flash CS5 plug-in, but in the meantime, because of these major bugs caused by the hack-solution, i've realized my best best is to just use Flash Builder.
12-10-2010 06:50 PM
Ok.. My particular issue might be my command line.
I have it working now ( need to test it further though).
The command line I added here in an earlier post would create the bar and install the app but would not work.
After further tests I'll post back confirmation of my new command line's success
As far as my half screen issue... it went away after a couple reboots and reinstall of the Sim.
12-10-2010 09:17 PM
Full success. ( as far as my app goes )
Initially I was using a command line ( in earlier post ) with suggestions from ( I can't recall now )
that utilized calling the blackberry-airpackager from out outside of the application source folder.
This produced a .bar and installed .. but did not work. The app would fail.
So now I am using the command line as it was meant to be and described how to by Renaun in the webcasts.
Unfortunately the earlier attempts messed things up and re-installations were required.
But, I was also having trouble with the half screen issue which returned to haunt me.
Utilizing theDarkin 1978's sample code, that was resolved.. thus far.
So give that a go if you have the same issue.
I am rePumped now seeing the app working in the Sim. in its correct ratio.
Looking Extremely forward to the Flash Pro PlayBook Packager!