Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4

Has anyone got an email with shipping info?

Does anyone else who has been in the BlackBerry PlayBook Offer 2012, received information about shipping this prize?
All time online Smiley Very Happy
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Has anyone got an email with shipping info?

I personally have not, but I'm aware of several that have. Be sure to check your spam folder since the email basically tells you "you've earned/won something and all you have to do is fill out a form"... It triggers every spam filter out there as a potential phishing scam.

During the initial launch of the PlayBook developers email (especially gmail) seemed to filter out the offer emails.

In addition, I'm guessing that you won't receive an email until RIM has reviewed your app... Check in the developer portal to see if your app has been tested/reviewed yet.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer

steve_web wrote:
I personally have not, but I'm aware of several that have. (...)

Are you able to give a day when I received an email "Your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet order has been processed."?

steve_web wrote:
(...)In addition, I'm guessing that you won't receive an email until RIM has reviewed your app... Check in the developer portal to see if your app has been tested/reviewed yet.

I am sure that the application has been accepted. In the end I got this email.

steve_web wrote:
(...) Be sure to check your spam folder since the email basically tells you "you've earned/won something and all you have to do is fill out a form"... It triggers every spam filter out there as a potential phishing scam.

During the initial launch of the PlayBook developers email (especially gmail) seemed to filter out the offer emails. (...)

I'm getting all email from RIM and TMGIdeas. Both in this and last year's offer. But of course I check the spam-folder Smiley Wink

By the way, in this topic I just wanted to know if someone already sent by courier device...

New Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

Today I got an email confirmation about shipping info. I had previously sent an email to tmgideas and got a confirmation like this:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Free BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Offer 2012. 

We have different teams processing the large volume of apps.  As a result, there is a delay in getting information between the teams. Our BlackBerry App World team focuses on accepting vendors and reviewing applications. We processed a record number of vendor applications in just a few weeks!  We’re now focused on reviewing the apps as quickly as possible. The team manages all the information with respect to your application and BlackBerry App World vendor account. 

Our BlackBerry App World team then sends the information to our fulfillment company that manages our Free BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Offer 2012.  This is sent on a daily basis.  You shouldn’t see more than a one business day lag between the BlackBerry App World notifications and the emails you will receive for the free tablet offer.  We may encounter situations where there is more than one business day lag because of holidays, weekends, or system issues.  

We’re working very hard to provide you with very quick responses, and appreciate your patience, as we’ve had a staggering response to our offer. 

Kind Regards,
The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
Be patient Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: na

What was the time lapse between app approval and shipping address email and/or the explanation of delay email (to which I've received) and shipping address email? TIA

Developer

It is difficult to determine. My application was accepted February 14, and tablet was shipped on 23 February.

In addition, I do not got any mail indicating that the tablet was shipped - just the phone from FedEx Customs Agency of this fact informed me.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: na

OK, thanks for your incite.