Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Have PlayBook, Will Review

I am in the same boat.  No Playbook to test with, so app is off AppWorld.

Please PM if you are interested in trying out my video conference software.  I will send you a link to download.  Thanks.

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

there 'should' be the possibility to use the sandbox account, though it's unfortunately not really documented. All it says is this:

1) for those who have a physical device: when you boot your PB for the first time, you're supposed to enter a BlackBerry ID (or else it will be created)

2) for the vendors: go to the vendor portal and add that BlackBerry ID to the sandbox accounts

//offtopic

3) ???

4) PROFIT!

//ontopic ^^

dunno what you're supposed to do then

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

same here. no playbook to test with, plus latest version in review queue at RIM for more than a week...so not available in AppWorld.

therefore, I'd be happy if sbdy wants to give it a shot and could do some advance-testing of my fuel-statistics app before I post it for sale. for that, pls PM me and I'll share a link to download...

PS: I like the initial idea of reviewing each other's app - I'll participate as soon as I will receive my playbook (but haven't got the shipping email yet )

---

Playbook app: Fuel Dashboard

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'd be interested in hearing reviews. I don't have physical hardware yet. My app is a training tool for live sound engineers to learn to recognize frequencies. I'm eager to find out (apart from regular "bugs") how the speakers on the PB perform. How low can you go? Do any frequency bands sound much louder or softer than others?

DOWNLOAD AND REVIEW MY APP ON APP WORLD:

Feedback Frequency Trainer (Free)

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37306

BELOW 3 STARS? SEND ME EMAIL INSTEAD:

bb.support@innovatology.nl

screenshot1.png

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

As I have a device, feel free to pm me with your app name or bar file and I'll gladly give feedback/a review.

My apps are here:
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/6098?lang=en
While they are all paid and rather specific, I definitely only expect people who actually want to use them to download them, but please review if you do!

Thanks!
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NaN

I believe, like pyth mentioned, if you add someone his App World account ID to the sandbox in the vendor portal on the blackberry site, that person is able to download the apps for free. But not 100% sure so you can always test it with your own (paid) apps by adding your own app world ID to your own sandbox.

Let us know if this is the case Smiley Happy I don't have a device to test yest

----
Playbook Apps: Notes
Developer
My Device: curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Well I haven't received my PlayBook yet (really hoping I get my shipping info today!) but I am interested in reviewing applications when I go get it.

In the meantime if anyone would be interested in reviewing mine, that would be greatly appreciated!

DOWNLOAD AND REVIEW MY APP ON APP WORLD:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/35070?lang=en

BELOW 3 STARS? SEND ME EMAIL INSTEAD:

support at bitboxapps dot com

Known issue that has been resolved but waiting for the update to approved

The device goes to standby rendering the app useless for extended use.

If you do review it, please email me your review as well as your app so I can review yours in return when I receive the PlayBook!

--
Bitbox
New Developer

Funny, I tried reaching out with this idea as a "Developer Connection." There were a few people interested, but in turn the Sandbox feature of AppWorld was brought up, and the thread died.

The biggest concern was that your files would get out into the public - I suppose the difference here being you want to just access the apps from AppWorld itself.

So as to the point of "users don't spend more than 30 seconds and write 'it sucks' with a rating of 1 star".... Unfortunately that's the way of the beast... You're not going to thwart that - ever! We're only a couple hundred to thousand developers. If this device is in millions of hands, the reviews are not going to make much of a difference.

However, I do agree that a review (in the sense of 'hey take a look at my app and tell me what you think') is a good thing.. .but we have to be careful that this doesn't turn into padding, especially as the platform is new.

My original thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Developer-Connection/m-p/1035977#...

Having said that - I'm more than willing to review and give feedback on people's apps, as well as receive them once I can get final approval (and signing working).

Developer
My Device: curve 8900

@killerspaz I don't think the intentions of this thread are to pad reviews but to actually get honest ones. If there is some kind of bug or something is lacking then a helpful email would be 1000x better than having a "This app sux!1!1!" in a review.

That being said, there will always be someone that will write such a review...
--
Bitbox
New Developer

@webbsites emailed.