Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Have PlayBook, Will Review

Same here. Can't figure that out.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

killerspaz wrote:

I'm really confused as to what the recipe for reviews is in AppWorld...

I have over 100k downloads per app, but a measly 3 reviews... WTF!? How is that even POSSIBLE?

The blackberry community has been the worst I've ever seen, and I've practically given up on it. The handful of good guys don't outweight the idiots.

Thats really weird... I've found them by far the easiest to please. If you think these guys are picky, you should see the iOS crowd!

Developer

I just made my app free and was hoping for some honest and helpful feedback from other devs. Likewise I'd be more than happy to do some reviews.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/77562/?lang=en

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

killerspaz wrote:

I'm really confused as to what the recipe for reviews is in AppWorld...

I have over 100k downloads per app, but a measly 3 reviews... WTF!? How is that even POSSIBLE?

The blackberry community has been the worst I've ever seen, and I've practically given up on it. The handful of good guys don't outweight the idiots.

Not sure what your app is, but it really depends on what type of app it is imo. Free apps also generally have a lower review ratio than paid apps (probably because with free apps, lots of people download but just never even open the app).

And in general people tend not to review an app unless it gave them a strong enough feeling (good or bad) to justify the effort of writing a review.

Still... 100K downloads and only 3 reviews does seem pretty excessive.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: I carry it myself

RapsFan wrote:

I just made my app free and was hoping for some honest and helpful feedback from other devs. Likewise I'd be more than happy to do some reviews.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/77562/?lang=en

Keep in mind that as soon as you turn the app back into paid app all people who "purchased" it while it was free will be forced to pay full price to get any future updates (lesson hard learned) which will result in quite a bit upset crowd and tons of negative reviews....

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
Developer

I'm not going to make it paid again.

Developer

shawnblais wrote:

One thing I learnt from the iOS crowd, is that you should _always_ prompt your user's for reviews,

That's a great idea (assuming it's done subtly enough not to annoy the user)

So, how exactly do you do that? I guess the best would be a link straight to the right AppWorld page, so it's really easy for the user ... How can you do that?  I'm still working on my first app, so I don't have anything in AppWorld, but as an experiment I just tried creating a link to RapsFan's app from my app by sticking in the URL he gave  (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/77562/?lang=en) and running my app in debug mode on the PlayBook : when I click the link it launches the Browser initially, but then AppWorld - so that's good - but then in AppWorld I get a dialog "App not found" (even though the link works fine here on my PC)  - so there must be a different way of internally linking from a PlayBook app to it's AppWorld entry ...

(Sorry going a bit off topic here - but it's still to do with eliciting reviews ...)

Anna

Developer

Anna are you using OS2? Maybe it's because I haven't released the version for os2 yet
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

navigateToURL( new URLRequest( 'appworld://content/77562' ) );

If it is in App World
Developer

jtegen wrote:
navigateToURL( new URLRequest( 'appworld://content/77562' ) );

Thanks a lot, John, that works!