Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tablet Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Having Troubles Uploading My WebWork .BAR file in the Vendor Portal

I am having problems uploading my WebWork BAR file for my application.  It seems to uploading just fine, but after it uploads it says "Processing file...".  It seems to get stuck on "Processing file..." and I never get a success that Blackberry has successfully received my file.  My file size is 250 MB.  Could that be the issue?  I wouldn't think so if Blackberry is trying to get games which would have large file sizes too.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and what should I do?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Having Troubles Uploading My WebWork .BAR file in the Vendor Portal

I believe an earlier version of the simulator had a somewhat arbitrary 50MB limit, and I have no memory of it having been removed (though it may have been) in 0.9.3.  Try searching for that value.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor

I was able to successfully build my app in the simulator even though it won't play my flash file. My problem is uploading bar file in the Vendor Portal.

Is there a 50 MB limit for all apps or can I have a 250 MB app.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Oops, sorry about misinterpreting that.  I have no idea if App World has a defined limit.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 & developer for Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Having the exact same issue.  My .bar file is not large, about 22 MB and after it finishes uploading it just sticks there at "processing file".  I tried leaving it for 8 hours (not that I expected it to do anything) and nothing happend.  This is massively frustrating.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

"this is massively frustrating"

Massive is right. What kind of app is using 250MB?
New Contributor

I cannot speak for the app that is 250 MB, but regardless of the size, it should not have an issue. mine being 22 MB (due to the graphical content) should be well within the limits.  Also, I have uploaded it fine on two other occasions, it has just had problems since I installed SDK 0.9.4.  I am going to e-mail them....though I don't expect a response.

New Contributor

My app was a video app. I had the video included with my files. I changed the model so the file size is now 500k and the videos download from my server.

My suggestion would be to contact the Vendor Portal team. They are very helpful and respond quickly. Their suggestion to me was to try a different browser. If you are using Firefox, try using Chrome or IE. I hope this helps.
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I have tried it on Firefox and I.E. so far but not Chrome.  I will see if using Chrome makes a difference.

New Contributor

Same deal with Chrome.  Do you have the contact details for the vendor support team?  I have tried two different e-mail addresses that have not worked (no response after 4 days) and given the time is running out it would help if I could get this addressed sooner rather than later.