Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How Do You Reboot PlayBook OS VM?

Up until now I've been suspending my sessions when I quit VMWare....I'm on a mac...

But now the simulator that was released yesterday has become unresponsive when running my app...

It seems in VMWare my only options are to suspend and resume...Rebooting VMWare itself, just brings back the PlayBook OS in it's suspended state for me....

Is there a way to reboot the OS? Surely there must be a way....Or do I delete the OS and reinstall?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How Do You Reboot PlayBook OS VM?

hey,

im using a mac and vmware fusion. there is an option to restart the simulator by itself and not the entire VMware program. when you are in VMware and the simulator has frozen, navigate to Virtual Machine > Restart . this will in turn restart just the simulator and it will be into its pre-develomental mode screen.

also of note, if you are not doing an data persisting and are ok with starting over, i recommend taking a snapshot and restoring that snapshot whenever the simulator freezes. its much quicker coming back. here is the a thread with more details:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Simulator-freezing/m-p/732891/hig...

hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How Do You Reboot PlayBook OS VM?

Yup. So there it was right in front of me. Thanks JRab.