Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How can I contact RIM

I submitted an application on the 9th of March and it is still in pending review stage (for the playbook). Which email address should I contact in regards to this matter. freeplaybookoffer@tmg.com (or however you spell it) hasn't responded. Is it necessary that I contact them using the email that is assigned to my account?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: How can I contact RIM

A little too early to be getting worried Smiley Wink

While some have had their apps approved in a couple of days, many have been waiting week with no news. I've been waiting about two months myself and there's someone else that has been waiting 76 days! The ways of the testing house are mysterious.

I believe that there was no useful email found when others tried to contact RIM. I think it's fair to assume that there's nobody to talk to at this stage and we're all in the same boat, waiting for the fickle testing house to decide our fate Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How can I contact RIM

It's actually "tmgideas" but it doesn't matter, as they're not involved (as near as I can tell) in the initial review.

It looks like there's one generic group that reviews the initial submission for basic things, like your screenshot and description content, and answers to all those questions.  If they approve things, the status switches shortly after to Waiting on Test House, at which point it's "in the queue" for some other group to do the actual testing.  Along the way the tmgideas folks are notified, and you get a preliminary "congratulations!" email from them (which means little).  Only after the Test House approves your app, which can take many weeks still, will you hear from tmgideas again.

I think it's a bit unusual to be waiting in Pending Review for so long, but depending on the app and the degree of complexity in your answers etc, it's quite possible it could take that long especially these days, when it sounds like they are swamped.

If you are relatively confident that your app is good, will be acceptable, doesn't violate anyone's copyrights, etc, then I'd just wait a bit longer.  If all of us assault them with emails asking "did you get my app?  did you get my app?" it will just make things worse.  (That's why I'd been hoping to get some degree of response through this forum prior to do that myself.  Now that I've contacted them, for an app that has been waiting in Test House, I've had no reply anyway.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!